6 months ago
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Vacancies exists for ambitious Java developers within the BTA team in American Express, Burgess Hill. The successful candidate will join an existing agile development team building an exciting transformation financial platform involving both green-field and brown-field development.
The team and the codebase are growing quickly so this position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form good working relationships quickly and also add value by introducing best practice design and techniques learned elsewhere.
The successful candidate will join an established scrum team, and contribute as a member of the development team.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Junior experience as a Java programmer
* Good knowledge of core Java (up to 1.8), including Spring, JUnit, (including Mockito & Hamcrest), TDD, JQuery, AngularJS and Angular 6, React, Oracle DB SQL, Cucumber. Mainframe experience a plus. Agile experience a plus.
* Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills.
* Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to team.
* Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
* Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 2, 2019, 5:20:52 AM