4 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Who are we?
Global Benefits Manager is a global, centralized card member benefits management application that provides world class benefits to our card members such as Lounge Access, Priority access in airports , Statement credits & much more. You will be part of the team that build and exposes RESTful APIs that is used by internal & external customers all around the world through the web & mobile applications. We are looking for Java Engineers to join our existing Scrum teams to build new capabilities that create awesome experiences for our customers.
Existing team of 30 technical staff. Small, co-located Agile teams of 7-8 people each including Engineers, Scrum Masters, Quality Engineers plus Product Owners. We operate in a Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe).
Most team members arrive in the office between 8.30-10am, when we hold our stand-ups. We use tools such as Slack, Confluence, JIRA, and BitBucket to collaborate. We enjoy the luxury of avoiding a long commute to London and place an emphasis on technically interesting work. We have an outstanding work/life balance. Friday pub lunches are a norm.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
Delivery high quality software, learn from and contribute to peer group
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
* Agile Practices
* Core Java, Spring Boot, Junit, OracleDB, Cucumber, TDD
* Kafka, Go, RxJava, vert.x experience is a plus
* Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
* Analytical Thinking
* Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to team
* Significant software development experience
* Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
* Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
* Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 8:08:31 AM