5 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Compliance and International (Card) Products team is part of the Global Commercial Services Technology responsible for delivery of global projects and programs in regulatory and issues management product domain. We also manage and deliver card product related engagements e.g. co-brand launches in international and manage development and maintenance of several international applications.
The role designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys, and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
* Engineering, Programs, Portfolio Governance and Business Engagement
* Large scale global programs, applications that have challenges and opportunities and products that are strategic for business
* We make regulatory and compliance world interesting and fun, and we like to always meet the deadlines, that is when not exceeding the expectations
* A team that believes in being awesome and celebrating success
* An open mind for new ideas and learning from failures
* Able to understand and leverage complex data structures and associated components
* Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
* Lead reviews of colleagues' work
* Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
* Participate in code reviews and automated testing
* Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
* Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
* Automate deployments in test or production environments
* Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
* Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Proven experience in professional software development environment and/or comparable experience
* Working experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
* Experience with design and coding in Java, Spring MVC and RDBMS. Hibernate and Rest Web services being desirable
* Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
* Basic understanding of tools such as Eclipse/IntelliJ, GIT and PUTTY
* Front-end technologies (ideally Angular JS, although HTML & CSS could be considered), cloud infrastructure, CICD (Maven, Jenkins), JUnits/Mockito would be nice to have
* University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
* Prior knowledge/experience of working in banking or payments domain would be a distinct advantage
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 11:14:32 AM