6 months ago
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This is an opportunity to join the Fee Based Services front end development team, a group of creative engineers working on US insurance and global cardmember benefits. The team operates in a fully agile model and has dedicated Product Owners also based in the UK and in the US. The team supports a variety of distribution and web based applications, using a broad range of technologies including, Java, Spring, Node, Angular JS and React.
* Analyse user stories to appropriately support design activities
* Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices
* Produce software builds from software source code
* Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
* Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
* Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
* Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
* Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
* Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
* Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
* Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
* Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
* University in computer science, computer science engineering, or equivalent experience
* Defines test conditions, cases and scripts based on the requirements and specifications provided
* Able to participate in assigned team’s software delivery methodology (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Driven Development)
* Codes individual models using the relevant programming language(s) and frameworks
* Assists in detailed database design and carries out data design required by report generation for small ad hoc jobs
* An understanding and working knowledge of SOA and Microservices Architecture
* Experience in Enterprise JAVA/J2EE Technologies using Core Java, Spring Core, Spring JDBC template, Hibernate, Spring Batch an advantage but not necessary
* Understanding of TDD and BDD frameworks
* Understanding and working knowledge of Build Automation Tools and Frameworks
* Good communication skills, both written and spoken is essential
* Good relationship building skills with both Technology and Product Owner teams
* Good agile process knowledge to help drive the team to increased efficiency
* Proven experience with web front end development
* Good knowledge of Java a preference
* Knowledge of Angular, Node or React a preference
* Good working knowledge of GIT version control
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on email@example.com orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2018, 11:37:24 AM