The UK's leading mobile phone accessories vendor is looking for a highly innovative cradle to grave Junior Product Development Executive, based in Maidenhead.
Part of a much larger brand, we are the UKs number one in mobile and tablet impact protection wear. With huge growth plans we are expanding our team and business at a rapid rate. Working with a team, you will be a key part of developing and designing new innovative products. You will have experience of dealing with either consumer electronics or consumer goods that involves moulded plastics. You will work cross functionally with factories in Asia, designers, logistics and operations
SALARY: £25,000 - £30,000
· 21 Days Holiday
· Great Company Social Events
· Opportunity to Travel
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Reading, Bracknell, Camberley, Slough, Wokingham,
JOB SPECIFICATION: Junior Product Developer/ Product Development Executive
We are looking for a highly creative and resourceful Product Developer.
You will be responsible for the following:
· Checking, track and maintain CADs for all products
· Travelling to Asia (when required)
· Responsibility for the design for manufacture of products
· Tracking and maintaining a good understanding of the handset market including device launches
· Conducting research to identify customer needs and market gaps
· Working with the Customer Service team to learn from customer issues and identifying ways to improve future products
· Highlighting opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements
· Working with the marketing team to create go-to market assets including high quality visuals
· Liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
· Working with the PM and factories to maintain tooling and product costs
REQUIREMENTS: Junior Product Developer/ Product Development Executive
We are looking for a highly creative and passionate Product Developer with a strong sense of design and innovation, you will be able to translate consumer needs, manufacturing capabilities and our brand essence into compelling and desirable designs.
In order to be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experiences:
· Experience of AutoCAD, Solidworks or similar CAD software
· A degree or equivalent in Industrial Design or Engineering
· Ideally you would have worked with plastic moulds
· Be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
· Be able to travel at the last minute ( this role will require travel abroad to Asia)
· Have strong problem solving skills
· Be an excellent communicator
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Product Development, Product Manager, Product Developer, Product Designer, Product Design, product innovation
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Zoe Chatley quoting Junior Product Developer and reference ZC15492 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.