Junior Product Manager
£Highly Competitive + Excellent benefits and career progression
Hampshire - Commutable from areas such as: Portsmouth, Chichester and Fareham
Our client, an internationally recognised B2C brand have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Product Manager to join their thriving team. The role will involve supporting the Marketing Manager in the delivery of projects and to provide high level marketing and communications support to products.
Role and responsibilities:
- To work independently to manage NPD and offers new perspective to maximize lifecycle maintenance projects as assigned by the Marketing Manager
- To work with other members of the New Product Development (NPD) project team to ensure projects are delivered on time, to cost and specification
- To champion the voice of the consumer during the product development phase
- To maintain an in-depth knowledge of our products, key competitors and end user needs within each product category managed
- To have a good understanding of interdependent functions (eg Design office, Global Trade Marketing, Quality, Commercial)
- Provides solutions to complex problems using various data sources
- To analyse markets/trends and sales performance in the category to understand the consumer requirements
- To review sales performance and forecast to ensure the product specification is valid
- To support the creation of product stories and ensure agencies are briefed appropriately in order to communicate effectively the key consumer messages on packaging/POS etc
Skills and experience:
- Relevant Marketing/Industry experience
- Previous experience of product development
- "Can-do" attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised when necessary
- Driving Licence
- Numerate, articulate in English
- Attention to detail
- Competent in Microsoft applications (eg Powerpoint/Excel)
- Must be able to hit the ground running
This is a very exciting opportunity for a product professional, so please apply now if this sounds like the role for you!
Please ensure your contact details, including email address, are on your CV. Also ensure if you have an impressive creative CV to also send a database friendly Microsoft Word version.
If you have not heard from us within five working days please assume that you have not been successful. We would like to keep your records on file and should a suitable position comes up we will contact you.
Solutions 4 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.