3 months ago
Junior Subscriptions Analyst / Subscriptions Analyst
Overall Job Purpose
To support both London and Bristol subscription teams in developing and providing analysis and reports that further business knowledge and guide decision-making. This will include reports around Key Performance Indicators, such as campaign response, renewals and lifetime value, magazine subscription sales and contribution performance.
The analyst will assist and support the subscription teams on the use of sophisticated circulation modelling and life time value techniques to maximise return on investment and formulate future strategy.
Produce and design easy to understand reports and analysis. This will inform the planning & budgeting process and show big headline numbers as well as the detail.
The subscriptions team is split between London and Bristol offices and although this role is based in London, it has a strong focus on Bristol brands. Therefore, we would expect the candidate to spend a minimum of two days per month in our Bristol office.
The candidate will champion the use and development of circulation modelling within the subscriptions department.
This will include:
* Assisting DMMs in ensuring that circulation models are accurate and maintained on an ongoing basis.
* Liaising with external data providers to facilitate quarterly model updates.
* Interrogation of the models to provide insight and recommendations for driving revenue and minimising spend.
* The analyst will produce performance reports including:
* Monthly management reports summarising financial and sales performance by issue
* New subscriptions activity by brand
* Renewal performance by lapse issue and sensitivity
* The Analyst will also develop new reporting tools in accordance with business requirements set by the senior subscriptions analyst, publishers and the direct marketing managers in the team. They will influence the direction of these briefs as appropriate.
The analyst will be responsible for third party supplier reporting, validation and invoicing. They will work with the finance team to ensure that monthly reconciliations are accurate.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
Experience: Candidate must have experience in analysing marketing campaigns and file performance – ideally from a consumer publisher or subscription based / membership organisation. Must have a solid understanding of direct marketing techniques and the factors that influence performance.
Numeracy: Highly numerate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Power BI and Business Objects is desirable. Shows confidence and accuracy when dealing with mathematical calculations and interpreting data.
Organisation: Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects/tasks. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary.
Analytical Thinking: Approaches decision-making using analytical techniques. Breaks things down into component parts. Enjoys devising and following systematic working methods.
Attention to Detail: Candidate must have a keen eye for detail.
Strong Communicator: Communicates effectively in one-to-one, small and large groups, with peers and management. Can adapt style and approach to different audiences. Writes clearly and succinctly and ensures that the message comes across helpfully and as intended.
Team Player: Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in. Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help. Doesn’t work in an isolated way.