6 months ago
Key Account Manager
Location: East Midlands (The Royal Hallamshire, Sheffield )
At Johnson & Johnson, we are dedicated to addressing and solving
some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology,
immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, rare diseases and vaccines, and
cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Motivated by our dedication to patients,
we bring creative products, services and solutions to people throughout the
are now recruiting for a Key Account Manager for our Actelion Business. The position combines work in the centre itself – The Royal
Hallamshire , Sheffield and referral activities .
role with the primary purpose of creating increased sales of PAH portfolio
linked to a key
prescribing account. To be achieved through sales activity and, where other
developing profitable solutions and programmes with key stakeholders.
* Achieve the sales target set for the account
* Take responsibility for key account planning and
ensure delivery against objectives set and agreed – this includes individual
plans and selling strategies for key account customers as well as the wider
business aspects. Develop and implement the key account plan through
coordination with colleagues and across functions.
* Lead the key account team and orchestrate all
activities associated with the account.
* Develop and implement appropriate coverage and
frequency strategy for customers within the key account and associated referral
centres. Where necessary, co-ordinate and direct referral activity through the
* Ensure a multi-channel approach is utilised with
customers, maximising the opportunity provided by technology
* Work with customer to identify partnership
opportunities with clear business outcomes and ROI expectations. Ensure these
are captured within the plan and that customer commitment is gained.
* Serve as a primary contact for all customers in the
key account. Where appropriate, initiate and develop the company’s relationship
with new stakeholders. In this regard, work closely with the Professional and
Scientific Relations Manager.
* Ensure all relevant account and customer intelligence
is shared within the business and utilised appropriately. Interpret current
account trends and data and work with the marketing team to ensure specific
account opportunities are maximised.
* Operate day-to-day activities within the budget
allocated. Where specific additional investment is required e.g. for a specific
programme or activity, develop a business case as appropriate. This should
detail the investment opportunity and the outcomes expected.
* Develop and maintain knowledge of disease area,
products and company materials and resources.
* Ensure minimum standards for administration are
adhered to. Comply with all company guidelines and policies.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Degree education, ideally in life science or
* Broad pharmaceutical industry experience within a
sales environment, with a proved track record of commercialising high-value
pharmaceutical products into tertiary environment
* Strong skills and experience in use of key account
planning as a basis for making both strategic recommendations and delivering
tactical level action plans
* Knowledge of NHS structures, policy and strategy
sufficient to identify customer needs, and Actelion opportunities, across a
broad range of stakeholders
* Key account leadership abilities with demonstrable
examples of using others to achieve specific account goals
* Refined interpersonal skills with ability to present
and influence at all customer levels to ensure business opportunities are
* Proven evidence of creating and implementing
programmes in a key account which increase sales through e.g. capacity
enhancement, improved patient pathways
* High level selling skills
* Skills to employ technologies effectively and
* Strong organisation and time-management skills
* Analytical skills – use of available data to identify
business opportunities and track performance
* Positive attitude to change
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of working in a specialist therapeutic area
* Working knowledge of the Actelion core therapy areas
* Experience of P&L responsibility for
Johnson and Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd (8616)