7 months ago
Miss Selfridge is for women who seek of-the-moment fashion with a glamorous and individual edge. First hitting the high street in 1966 as the young fashion department of Selfridges, we've since grown into a renowned international fashion brand boasting over 250 outlets and several websites across over 20 countries.
With a drive to refresh and reposition Miss Selfridge, attracting a younger audience and elevating our position within the digital market place, we have been through considerable change in the last 12 months. There have been a number of Board level changes to the team, bringing new ideas and a fresh focus to our product, customer, culture, imagery and branding.
This position will have an integral role to play in the new brand direction
The creative team has an integrated approach to design, meeting both digital and store-based briefs including: all digital assets, brand photo shoots, store graphics, marketing and press materials.
The Lead Designer has responsibility for the concepting and delivery of all creative outputs, acting as brand guardian to design guidelines and ensuring cohesion across all creative touch points. This role is expected to lead on design innovation through all customer channels as well as the development of the brand experience across all digital platforms.
Managing a team of 3 (1 x Digital Designer and 1 x Junior Digital Designer, 1 x Graphic Designer), this candidate needs strong leadership skills from both an opperational and inspirational point of view. The Lead Designer is also the key creative interface with the group IT and digital deveopment team.
A good eye for detail, love of design, typography, photography and fashion is necessary along with the ability to thrive in a busy, pressured environment. Ideally the candidate will have experience working for a number of key ecommerce sites, particularly in fashion.
For this role you will need skills and experience in Adobe Creative Suite and have a sound knowledge of HTML processes and limitations, as well as a good understanding of print and production processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
* Design direction for all ecommerce communications and product presentation in line with brand creative strategy
* Set and monitor digital creative standards
* Work closely with content and marketing teams to plan and execute innovative content
* Design clear, commercial and effective ecommerce communications, taking input from key stake holders
* Where appropriate, optimise design for search and download efficiency.
* Work with Online Production Manager and Digital Marketing Manager to optimise usability of site.
* Develop strong relationship with web production team to ensure design quality and build is upheld across sites.
* Liaise with external contacts such as printers, developers, photographers and videographers.
* Traffic creative briefs and manage web production within team, group print purchasing and external suppliers to ensure delivery to deadlines.
* Respond to briefs as appropriate - presenting mock-ups and storyboards for more detailed features.
* Manage response to feedback and amends.
* To work on designs for ad hoc projects with regards to extending or altering the online proposition e.g. mobile site, Ipad App, Android App & International sites
* Works closely with graphics team, VM team, Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Head of Digital and Multi-Channel Director to ensure consistent and integrated communications across all channels.
* Conduct frequent SWOT/ competitor research.
* Responsible for QA of all design elements.
* Defines and implement creative briefing processes for all ecommerce, marketing and production functions.
* Be informed on industry developments in their area and feed into team & strategy
* Follow all required sign-off procedures.
* Excellent Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator skills
* Good understanding of online/mobile user experience
* Knowledge of HTML processes/limitations
* Ability to develop concepts and ideas
* Experience of trafficking workflow
* W3C standards based development
* Basic knowledge of SEO
THE EXCITING PART
* Generous holiday with holiday trading
* 25% staff discount
* Early finish summer hours
* Access to sample sales
* Regular team and company social events
* Pension scheme
* Company bonus scheme
* Interest free season ticket loan
To apply, please send an
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.