about 1 month ago
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in Technology Transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need skilled Lead Engineers to work in our agile digital hubs.
The Nationwide technology strategy balances the need to build for the future with strengthening our core platforms. It will leverage key trends such as Cloud and APIs, as well as enabling digital journeys and platforms for business model innovation, and the generation of insight from our data using analytics and AI. Our investment in our branches and digital channels will create the best blend of human and digital service for our members. We need high-performing individuals to support this transformation.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a technology architect associate and experienced senior developer with several years’ experience leading innovative application architecture, design and development, now specialising in microservices;
• Has a modern, collaborative leadership style and is also a certified Scrum Master;
• Can point to notable Tech Lead, Architect and/or Scrum Master successes, such as:
o Setting up NodeJS technology stack and processes for development, deployment and runtime environments for Mobile backend, ID verification, ID document renewal, travel money and more.
o Cloud native and mobile mortgage system design and implementation.
o Several PSD2 proof of concepts for a global retail bank.
o Scrum Master & Tech leading Hybrid web application for a pioneer in gamification of environmental/social impact for organisations
• Has significant commercial software experience ranging from Node.JS micro-services through native and cross platform HTML5 hybrid applications to embedded development;
• Can draw on skills and experience developing and testing at all levels of the software stack from NodeJS micro-services and high-level applications, through mobile and operating system middleware, right down to CPU design validation;
• Has domain knowledge of Open Banking, Payments, Digital Banking
You should be able to point to proven experience of the following:
• Application Development
• Object-Oriented Application Design & Development
• Scrum Master
• Application Architecture Implementation & Test
• Java (language)
• API gateway technologies
• REST Technologies & Techniques
Conceptual knowledge of:
• Containerisation & Container PAS
What you'll be doing
We’re looking for a Lead Engineer providing technical direction and design authority within the Open Banking hub. You will have both technical depth and the ability to influence others, and be someone who can lead a team, build technical excellence within it, and who can add their expertise to our current and to-be estates.
You will work within a scrum team using agile methodologies to develop Nationwide’s Open Banking platform. You will be responsible for taking ownership of the stories that need development and will work closely with the team to refine those stories prior to sprint start. You will also be expected to bring innovative ideas on how to improve efficiency and develop digital innovative solutions.