4 months ago
Lead Modelling Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Lead Modelling Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
As a Lead Modelling Analyst you will use mathematical and technical methodologies to provide quantitative analysis, supporting management, other risk departments and the business portfolio teams. You will lead model development projects involving multiple analysts from inception through to delivery.
Credit Scoring and Capital Management are essential tools in risk management and are used extensively across Santander UK to manage the risk of decisions made by the business. If you join Decision Science, developing and managing risk models, you will be right at the heart of what we do.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Lead Modelling Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Leading projects to develop risk models to support the business in both lending to customers and optimising Santander UK’s capital models.
* Managing the day-to-day work and development of junior analysts. This could be through direct line management as well as through leading projects involving multiple analysts.
* Communicating with the local business units to understand business requirements ensuring that models and model management deliver on these.
* Understanding the nuances of products and systems and where the models are implemented, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
* Reviewing the progress of analytical work produced by the project team and updating stakeholders.
* Translating the results of the models into business language to ensure the business understands any assumptions, as well as the structure and outputs of the models.
* Providing clear documentation of the model development to support model approval and enabling the business to implement in the appropriate system.
Minimum skills and experience required
* High degree of mathematical literacy, with a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline (for example Maths, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, Operational Research and Physics); with advanced computer literacy skills.
* An aptitude for working with data, analysis, generating insights and formulating recommendations, with the ability to transform high-level requirements into focused and structured analytics.
* Strong SAS programming skills.
* Track record of successful delivery in a statistical analysis role of similar complexity and level, preferably within a credit risk function.
* Experience of building or using statistical models in business environments and be able to demonstrate an in depth understanding of their use.
* Management experience is not a requirement however some evidence of coaching junior analysts and an aptitude in this area would be advantageous.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.