6 months ago
As a senior member of Reassured’s Development team, the Lead Web Application Developer will lead a team of software engineers to develop projects with the aim of adding new functionalities to Reassured’s internal systems, in particular it’s web based ‘in house’ CRM. The Lead Developer will have responsibility for mentoring his/her team to help incorporate new technologies to meet ever-changing business needs. The Lead Developer will also take the initiative when resolving and diagnosing software faults and where required offer recommendations for future developments.
Technically minded with excellent interpersonal skills and a natural attention to detail, the successful candidate will need have the ability to communicate with non-technical colleagues about technical issues, in order to quickly diagnose issues and to communicate the solution in a timely fashion.
In return, we can offer a Management Development programme within a growing IT department at the heart of Reassured, whose work directly impacts the growth and success of our expanding company.
Reassured is the UK’s largest Life Insurance brokerage, currently selling 7000+ policies a month. On Trust Pilot are rated 9.7 across 8000 reviews and have appeared in the ‘Times top 100 Companies to work for’ list in the last 3 years.
From July 2017, we will be relocating to our new offices in Belvedere House, Basing View, which is 5 minutes walk from Basingstoke station.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Leading and mentoring a small team of system developers
* Maintain and updating existing internal and external systems
* Developing new solutions as required by the business
* Analysing user requirements
* Researching, designing and writing new software programs
* Testing new programs and fault finding
* Evaluating the software and systems
* Integrating existing software products with external solutions
* Creating technical specifications and test plans
* Writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary
* Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
* Working closely with other staff
* Help out in all IT-related activities as required
Skills and Experience
* PHP 5 or PHP 7 : 5+ years
* Experience with an MVC framework , e.g. Laravel, CakePHP, Zend, Symfony: 4+ years
* HTML / CSS: 5+ years
* SQL : 4+ years
* An awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies
* Business and commercial awareness.
* applicants will need significant experience of two or more of the below):
· Vue JS
· MySQL / MariaDB
· Version Control (e.g. Git, SVN or Mercurial)
(not essential, but any of these skills will add value to our team):
· Experience of both PHP 5 and PHP 7
· Linux/Unix Systems Administration / Shell Scriptinge.g. CentOS / Red Hat / Ubuntu / FreeBSD
· Test Driven Development
· Web Server administration (nginx ideally, but Apache experience is useful too)
· Any Experience with VOIP telephone solutions
· Experience in the Insurance Industry
• 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Monthly incentives (past incentives have included a meal at a top Gordon Ramsay Restaurant, a day at a Spa or a track day driving a supercar)
• Childcare Vouchers
• Pension Scheme
• Market Leading Training
• Management Development Programme
Reassured Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its employees.