9 months ago
• A Learning and Development Manager
• £42,370 - £61,201 per annum (depending on skills and experience) based on a permanent, 35 hours per week contract.
• National role, requiring regular travel across multiple locations, therefore there is some flexibility around base location
• Application closing date 11th October
We’re recruiting for a highly credible professional to join our Learning & Development team in People & Culture.
Part of the ‘Induct & Develop’ team, you’ll be an inspirational leader of people. You’ll work with colleagues to fulfil the induction and development training needs of volume roles across the Society, currently for the following portfolios – Contact Centre including Digital, Product Operations, Retail Branch Network, Nationwide Now and Direct Distribution. You’ll be part of a team that specialises across all portfolios and be expected to continually improve the learner experience. You’ll work closely with other L&D teams to ensure resource is flexed depending on priorities. You’ll be genuinely excited working in a fast-paced environment, where change is part of everyday life.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please submit a covering letter alongside your CV.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have extensive leadership and management experience, ideally in an L&D environment, and from a Financial Services background
• Be a leader of people who can bring the best out of their team through expert coaching. Experience of remote management and matrix management is essential
• Be an exceptional performance manager
• Be extremely resilient - working well with ambiguity, in a fast-paced environment where change is constant
• Have experience of successfully managing yourself and teams through change
• Have experience of leading initiatives to drive efficiencies
• Be someone who helps drives a market-leading L&D function through expert knowledge of learning trends and innovations within the wider L&D profession
• Have strong stakeholder management skills and can build effective relationships with colleagues across multiple business areas
• Be a confident communicator who can provide expert and professional L&D consultancy, and make commercially focused recommendations
• Have experience of optimising learning through the application of blended solutions
It would be nice if you had:
• A CIPD or relevant business/professional qualification
• Experience of working in a Financial Services Retail Network
What you'll be doing
Your role in the Induct & Develop team will be to develop and lead a team of Training Consultants. You’ll support the development, delivery, evaluation and maintenance of high quality learning solutions across multiple communities, with on boarding of new starters being a key focus.
To do this, you’ll;
• Coach, develop and support your team to deliver market-leading learning ensuring the team are highly engaged and motivated
• Have an appetite to keep up to date with L&D developments across the wider industry and look for ways to continually progress our offering to drive improvements and efficiencies
• Effectively manage the scheduling of internal resources to meet demand, working closely with your colleagues to drive more agility and efficiencies across L&D
• Provide expert L&D consultancy to stakeholders
• Implement quality training solutions to optimise learning, driving cost savings and efficiencies
• Support internal initiatives across L&D, managing key relationships across the business to meet objectives within timescales and budget
• Lead the delivery of learning that meets the needs of all external and internal regulatory requirements