6 months ago
* BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Qualified solicitor, with experience in private practice or in an in-house team in the U.K.
* Experience in negotiating, drafting, and advising clients on commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions, IP licensing, and marketing and promotion arrangements.
* Experience responding to legal requests from Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal advice that business people can use.
* Experience with privacy, data protection, and competition law
* Engaging public speaking style.
About the job
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As a Legal Counsel for Google Assistant, Maps, Search, and Research/Machine Intelligence, you’ll negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements covering many of Google’s key products, with a particular focus on our strategic business partnerships with major content licensors, ride sharing companies, music services, food ordering platforms, research universities, and other stakeholders in the tech and content industries.
You’ll support a range of business development and product managers within Google and you'll be working for clients in Google offices throughout EMEA and the United States.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
* Negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements and design templates that reflect Google’s policies, local law, and the fast-moving market.
* Develop expertise in a range of Google’s Assistant, Maps, Search, and Research/Machine Intelligence products and build strong relationships with business clients in our various EMEA offices.
* Advise senior management, business clients, and U.S. legal teams on various aspects of English law.
* Advise pragmatically on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, and company policies in a risk-tolerant, product-driven environment.
* Work collaboratively with US and other regional legal colleagues to simplify, globally harmonize, and continuously improve Google’s standard template agreements and legal processes.