6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The General Counsel’s office provides advice to Telefónica UK (“O2”) and its subsidiary companies. Our guiding principle is the delivery of timely and consistently high quality legal and regulatory advice. We pride ourselves on helping to identify and manage risks and assisting in the exploitation of commercial opportunities.
This is an exciting role for a marketing lawyer to report into the Head of Legal Marketing in the General Counsel’s Office. The main focus of the role will be advising on marketing and consumer law and strategy across O2, however the Marketing legal team has a broad remit, covering intellectual property, O2’s digital directorate (the directorate responsible for innovative new products like O2 Drive), and device procurement. O2 has won a number of awards for its marketing and with a customer base of over 26 million customers, the issues facing the Marketing legal team whilst diverse and challenging and engaging and headline hitting.
* Drafting and reviewing a variety of consumer contracts, user terms, promotional and competition terms, and in life customer notifications and communications.
* Reviewing and advising on advertising copy.
* Drafting and negotiating a range of supplier and partner contracts which relate to the marketing directorate.
* Support of projects and launch of new propositions to ensure that consumer and marketing law considerations are addressed and complied with.
* Providing ad hoc advice re data protection issues with support from data specialist.
* Creating precedents and internal knowledge sharing documents to help streamline and harmonise advice.
* Educating clients in the wider business and colleagues in the Legal team through targeted training and awareness programs.
* Assist clients in the wider business and colleagues in the Legal team in evaluating impact of consumer laws and advertising laws and guidance, and other related guidelines on products and propositions.
Skills & Experience:
The candidate would be a qualified lawyer (preferably with in-house experience) with:
* experience in advising clients in matters relating to marketing and consumer law;
* a knowledge of, or interest in, data protection;
* a strong understanding of commercial law and contract law;
* the ability to juggle conflicting client demands and tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
* a genuine interest in technology and telecommunications;
* excellent drafting skills;
* the ability to provide clear advice confidently to all levels, including leadership team;
* the ability to advise cross-functional teams;
* willingness to work both alone and within a team; and
* commerciality, and the ability to see the bigger picture.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.