3 months ago
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The B2B Commercial Finance team is a centralized team of 12 resources
that brings together the financial decision support functions for the Corporate
(GCS) and Merchant (GMS) businesses across the Europe, Middle East and Africa
region (EMEA). The team focuses on providing sound financial guidance aligned
to the overall company objectives and leverages its central function to do this
in a time sensitive and consistent manner.
Commercial Finance team works closely with multiple partners in the fast-paced
world of business to business payments. For American Express this includes our Corporate, Small Business and
Merchant businesses. With numerous
stakeholders requiring consultative finance support, there is a high level of
exposure and numerous opportunities to gain in-depth insights to real business
is our largest region for business outside of the US; this creates a myriad of
business decisions for our team to evaluate and advise on every day.
In the B2B Commercial Finance
team, we pride ourselves on having a brand that our colleagues associate with
the following attributes:
* Subject Matter Experts in the economics of Corporate,
Small Business and Merchant payments
* A cohesive team that consistently delivers
* A team that helps each other to be successful
* Responsive to their business customers and forge
* A team full of advocates of ‘Growth Mindset’ thinking
The Finance Manager role within the B2B Commercial Finance team will
be responsible for providing high impact decision support to the General
Manager (GM) of the GCS EMEA business, conducting pan-European analytics to
help the business unit to meet and exceed short and long term goals and
providing thought leadership on strategic deals and business development
opportunities. The role will partner closely with the other 11 members of the B2B
Commercial Finance team who support individual markets within the EMEA region
in order to deliver exceptional results for the region as a whole.
Areas covered may include but will not
be limited to:
insightful pan-European analytics to identify opportunities for growth in the
the overall P&L management of the GCS business unit, providing end to end stewardship
around business results & trends, identification of risk &
opportunities, evaluation of investment decisions
a close working relationship with the GM of the business unit and working
closely with him & his leadership team on strategic initiatives
pan-European projects and initiatives, coordinating across the team and with
other Finance teams to drive exceptional results
financial thought leadership on a wide range of deals and product development
including Cobrands, Fintech partnerships, product expansion
and developing 1 Analyst direct report.
Offer of employment with American Express
is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification
check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
* Knowledge of the payments industry economics preferred
* Strong business acumen, able to follow business and industry trends and relate to financial results
* The ability to influence others without having direct authority, including demonstrated ability to influence senior management in the company
* Robust modelling and deal evaluation experience
* Strong working knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and data mining applications (e.g. SAS, SQL, Cornerstone)
* Qualification; Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, CFA) or MBA
The successful candidate will show many of the following qualities:
* Will be intellectually curious
* Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to simplify complexity
* Strong sense of personal accountability and resilience with a passion for continuous improvement
* Possess an upbeat, enthusiastic and consistent personality
* Have an ability to drive results, manage time and prioritise effectively
* Adopt a flexible attitude, being able to digest multiple requests
* Be a crisp and influential communicator
* Have a track record of working collaboratively and motivating their direct reports and those around them
Why American Express?
There’s a difference
between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been
making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in
moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their
biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a
difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration,
and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. And when they’re
ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them
the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the
best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of
Don’t make a difference
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your
application please click on the links below. However, if you require any
assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable
adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com orfor Russia based
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2018, 11:28:07 AM