4 months ago
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career
The Manager of Global Strategic Insights works closely with the GFO Marketing team to guide global strategies and innovation on the Cough Cold category globally. You will support key Global Cough Cold projects, i.e. innovation, communication, consumer foundational initiatives, etc.
You will run global projects as well as regional projects for the Cough Cold need-state. You will translate findings into actionable recommendations that drive business growth. Be able to demonstrate strong communication and partners collaboratively with business teams to drive these initiatives into action. This role covers quantitative and qualitative research that feeds into the development of strategic plans, brand positioning and architecture, business model, Innovation and NPD, packaging and copy strategy.
* Assist the team on key global strategic category initiatives, developing, and implementing multi-region projects that drive strategic plan objectives for high growth.
* Executes day-to-day research activity for the Cough Cold category and brands (planning, designing and executing the work) as well as assists in driving global innovation on prioritized territories in the context of accelerated growth.
* Identifies business information needs and assists in developing learning plan and the most appropriate research strategies to deliver against business objectives.
* Uses knowledge of key macro trends and leads understanding of consumer, market and competitive landscape to diagnose business performance and address focused business issues; applies understanding of brand/marketing fundamentals to assess brand health and assists in marketing plan and category/brand strategies development.
* Uses broad range of research tools/resources/processes to assess business issues; identifies key business issues/questions and develops the most appropriate research design and analytic plan to address business/ research needs
* Acts as a business partner, not just a market research specialist. Leads complex business issues, in consultation with Director, and helps team set strategic direction. Builds consensus.
* Collaborates with Global and Regional partners, including GSIA, Marketing, R&D, to identify innovation through new products, forms, packaging, claims, etc.
* Encourages vendors to act as “strategic thought partner”, supervises vendor partners to execute projects and proactively manages priorities across budget lines.
* Consistently demonstrates business ethics and works strictly under the SOP and HCC principles.
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional partners to impact decision-making; and “have an opinion” backed up by insight
* Strong communication skills; Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions and conclusions clearly and concisely
* Strong strategic business knowledge with the ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking
* A self- driven and capable of building an agenda and deliverables given knowledge and understanding of the Cough Cold category
* Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses
* Progressive experience in Market Research, preferably in a consumer marketing or manufacturing company.
* Multi-country research experience is desired couple with Cross-cultural sensitivity
* This position requires approximately 10-20% domestic and international travel.
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
J&J Consumer Services EMAE., Ltd (8675)