about 1 year ago
Manager - Internal Acquisition And Planning
London, United Kingdom
Categories: Digital Commerce
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This position is an exciting, high profile opportunity for someone looking to develop their experience in marketing strategy and business planning within the fast paced UK Consumer Acquisition team – a critical driver of growth for the UK business.
Internal Acquisition is a strategic priority for the Global Consumer business and an area of rapid growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for owning and implementing the go-to-market strategy for Internal Acquisition, which drives incremental billings for the UK business via cross-selling to our existing Cardmember base. Specific areas of focus include Supplementary Cards, Companion Cards, and Premiumisation.
In addition, this role oversees forecasting and planning for the broader UK Acquisition team. In this function, the successful candidate will partner closely across the business to develop and execute strategies to optimise investment and performance across all products and channels.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Defining, driving and communicating the strategy for the next phase of Internal Acquisition across UK Consumer.
* Overseeing execution of Supplementary Card, Companion Card, and Premiumisation campaigns and related capability enhancements.
* Establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, key functional business partners and acquisition channel owners, including close collaboration with customer marketing and Member-Get-Member teams to align communication strategies.
* Building a holistic view of all acquisition activity and performance to drive investment optimization across the team’s multi-million pound budget, including overseeing the development of new analyses to drive strategic decision making.
* Coordinating the key planning cycles across the Acquisition team, including the 0+12 and 4+8 forecasts, budget utilization, accrual processes, and performance reporting.
* Owning and implementing high visibility projects and capabilities with cross-functional implications (e.g., incentive optimization and anti-gaming strategy).
* Leading a team of 2 high-performing marketing execs.
Offer of employment with American Express is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check,
subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Proven analytical skills coupled with strong written and oral communication
* Demonstrated strategic problem-solving abilities
* Experience driving results across a number of complex projects
* Thorough understanding of card economics and finance concepts
* Strong relationship management skills
* A good understanding of marketing principles with experience in a marketing, product management or communications role
* Experience with budget management and project planning
* Comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
* Ability to create structure and prioritize effectively across a range of responsibilities
to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative,
risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions
you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place
to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over
the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational
Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to
Work. If you’re ready to take on a
challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your
To complete your application please click on the links below. However,If your equire any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time