7 months ago
Manager - MI and Analysis
* Manager - MI and Analysis
* Saga Travel & Holidays Ltd
* 15/02/2018 22:59
Job Description Summary
Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our ethos and careers that are full of possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the travel function of the business.
This role will ensure that the MI & Analysis Finance function supports the business by producing accurate, complete, timely and relevant MI and supporting analysis for Saga Travel & Holidays.
Responsible for the creation and ongoing management of Centre of Excellence team, he/she will provide strong leadership and motivation to this multi-disciplined team and work closely with the other Finance and Business teams to ensure MI and analysis is completed to deadlines agreed.
This role requires liaison with all teams and at all levels within Finance and the business; from CEO to contact centre agent.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
The primary tasks of the role are as follows:
* Build and manage a multi-disciplined team producing MI and Analysis across the business.
* Ensure that all daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc MI and analysis is published to agreed deadlines.
* Ensure all tasks and roles are covered within the team and consistent levels of services delivered to the business at all times, including covering holidays and reasonable levels of sickness with multi-skilled staff Effectively manage staff within the team to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Manage the incoming workload, prioritising alongside existing requests and delegating appropriately.
* Liaise regularly with key stakeholders to ensure issues are addressed head on, managing expectations of deliverables.
* Ensure that all MI and analysis is accurate, complete, timely and consistent.
* Ensure that all historic data from all sources is securely retained and easily assessable for any future reporting needs.
* Maintain ongoing development of a centralised Data Warehouse and user reporting tools.
* Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed and upheld at every level.
* Review and challenge current processes and drive change.
* Ensure that the strategic aims of the Travel division are met.
* Delivery of financial support to key projects.
* To set performance standards & objectives for all staff and to help them in achieving their objectives.
* Staff recruitment, selection, management, motivation and training.
* Supporting the Finance Director and Heads of Finance on all financial matters as required.
* Adhoc projects and other data and analysis support to the Business.
* Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the goals of the business.
* Provide first class customer service to both internal and external customers.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Previous management experience within a Finance or BI environment.
* Business partnering experience and an ability to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels, including Department Heads and Directors essential.
* Previous experience of producing regular MI from multiple data sources to tight deadlines .
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong operational understanding of the Travel Division and of the wider Holidays Market.
* High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change.
* Strong accounting skills with a good understanding of systems inputs and outputs advantageous.
* Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box.
* Excellent man management and leadership skills with a strong belief in developing people.
* Excellent levels of energy and stamina and able to cope with a demanding schedule.
* Can work under pressure & ensure team deliver work to deadline and accurately.
* Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives.
* Personal flexibility, a hands on approach and strong people skills must come naturally.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Experience with Business Objects, SQL and VBA all advantageous.
Education and Qualifications:
* Recognised accounting qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) advantageous.
* Degree level qualification in IT or Finance related subject advantageous.
* Excellent IT skills including MS Office to an advance level.
* Organised & methodical.
* Personal flexibility.
* An eye for detail.
* Analytically strong.
* High integrity and objectivity.
* Excellent man management and leadership skills.
* Able to inspire confidence from customers and staff.
There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.