3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in the music industry or in digital media.
* Experience working cross-functionally with business and technical teams.
* Ability to speak and write in English and one other European language fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience negotiating digital music content licensing agreements.
* Understanding of the music and video industries as well as the nuances of licensing and key Internet and digital media trends.
* Willingness and ability to act quickly and effectively to cultivate partner satisfaction and make a partner account successful.
* Ability to drive new partnerships, promote new business opportunities to existing partners, and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues raised by partners.
* Excellent attention to detail, with an ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous account activities.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
About the job
As a Manager on the Content Partnerships team at YouTube, you'll have a unique opportunity to create long-lasting relationships with your portfolio of partners, and to apply and hone business skills in an entrepreneurial environment. You're comfortable working on complex content agreements with partners, as well as working cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple disciplines, to ensure our partners are positioned for success on YouTube and to provide the best possible experience for our users.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
You will be on the YouTube Music team whose aim is growing labels, artists, and songwriters online, building successful careers for artists and business models for the music industry on YouTube. You will be responsible for providing ongoing business development and relationship management to YouTube and Google Play's European label partners.
You will interact regularly with counterparts at labels, facilitating ongoing business and operational processes and identifying and driving mutual business growth opportunities. You will also collaborate closely with internal teams. You will have exceptional knowledge of the music rights landscape, excellent partner management skills, a service mindset, and extensive relationships in the music industry.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
* Negotiate content-licensing agreements with partners, strategic distribution agreements, and record label authorizations where applicable.
* Work cross-functionally to develop and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues. Update internally or externally on product, operational, and account changes consistently and collect feedback for internal stakeholders.
* Manage and optimize existing partnerships to maximize business growth and user experience while maintaining relationships with key partners in one or several countries in EMEA.
* Identify long-term mutual business growth opportunities for partner accounts and drive those opportunities internally and externally.
* Work with management to define and launch strategic business initiatives in your assigned market. Define, analyze, and communicate key metrics and business trends for management.