13 days ago
* BA/BS degree, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working in the music industry.
* Experience in networking and building relationships with UK labels and/or artists.
* Experience working in a partner-facing marketing or radio promotion role at a label, artist management and/or digital music company.
* Knowledge of music industry trends across all genres.
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative and build relationships both
internally and externally.
* Excellent organizational, leadership and analytical skills.
About the job
Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
As Manager, Music Label Partnerships (UK), you'll be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to YouTube and Google Play's UK label partners, with a focus on supporting labels and artists with fan engagement or promotional opportunities to help build their success. In this role you will interact regularly with counterparts at labels and also collaborate closely with internal teams. You will cultivate existing partnerships to ensure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
* Develop and maintain relationships with label contacts to receive information about new music releases.
* Be the point of contact for best practices and presentations.
* Support, activate and promote new features and tools to increase product activations by Labels teams, and provide feedback to Product teams whenever necessary.
* Oversee, filter and prioritize music releases, centralizing and communicating information to internal stakeholders whose programs and products help promoting artists.
* Partner with internal label business owners to ensure strategic approach to relationships.