Marketing Insight Manager responsible for developing effective planning and high quality data to enable us to adapt and remain competitive in this rapidly shifting landscape.
As an ambitious University we recognise the critical importance of clear strategy, effective planning and high quality data to enable us to adapt and remain competitive in this rapidly shifting landscape.
The Planning & Analytics Office (PAO) enables the University to formulate, implement and evaluate its strategy by informing strategic decisions, advising on strategic actions, and enabling strategic planning and change. PAO provides critical, foundational services for a data-driven, strategy-led and collaborative culture at the University
The key responsibilities for the Market Insight Manager include:
- Be responsible for developing new and enhanced market, competitor and applicant insight derived from new segmentations and targeting tools
- Play a key advisory role in the development of a competitive academic portfolio and providing market and competitor analysis (to Faculties and Schools)
- Manage a suite of applicant and student surveys, either internally or externally administered, to provide greater understanding of the applicant and student journey.
- Provide expert insight into Higher Education markets, competitors, applicants and students
- Provide advice on the implications for overall University strategy development and implementation
- Lead and manage the delivery and continuous development of an effective and flexible market insight service
- Informing and implementing appropriate strategic initiatives to ensure the efficient operation of the Planning & Analytics Office
- Develop, motivate and coach team members to deliver their best, providing feedback on performance, to enable continuous development in line with the University's Performance Development Framework.
- Follow the appropriate financial and regulatory policies and procedures ensuring necessary regulations and standards are adhered to.
The Successful Market Insight Manager:
- Significant experience of working in a market insight function and evidence of generating insights to inform strategy and decision-making ideally in Higher Education
- Knowledge of a range of research methods and research design (qualitative and quantitative)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint and CRM databases
- Analysis, interpretation and reporting on data and intelligence relating to the Higher Education market is desirable
- Experience of working in a dynamic customer service environment
- Experience of managing and development people and leading high-performing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Educational attainment at higher education level (or demonstrable equivalent experience) and/or a relevant functional/professional qualification
We offer a competitive salary package and a generous pension and holiday scheme. We also offer a range of other benefits, including ongoing development opportunities.
The University of Plymouth is committed to equality of opportunity, promoting a diverse and inclusive culture, demonstrated through our commitment to the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and as a Stonewall diversity champion. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in the workforce, for example black and minority ethnic groups.
University of Plymouth holds a TEF (Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework) Silver by the Office for Students.