3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience using SQL and one or more technical languages (e.g., R, Python).
* Analytics experience (consulting, data science, quantitative/technical role) including experience managing and developing more junior analysts.
* Experience in cross-functional or interdisciplinary settings (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Operations, Engineering).
* Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Computer Science or a related field.
* Experience with the application of Machine Learning to forecasting, clustering or classification problems.
* Advanced knowledge of SQL and one or more technical languages (e.g., R, Python).
* Deep interest in consumer insights research, online advertising, digital media consumption patterns and branding measurement.
About the job
As a Marketing Analyst Lead at Google, you develop and implement research studies that provide foundational learning to inform business/product strategy, product development, as well as insights/measurement to inform and measure GTM (go-to-market) strategy and campaigns. You understand consumers, and have the ability to link insights to strategy and translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications. You are also a thought leader who is curious and passionate about data. You know how to get the best out of vendors/agencies and you manage workload by balancing future logistical and strategic needs.
In this role, you will help develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision by leading the EMEA Market Insights Analytics function. An expert in a broad spectrum of data processing and analytical techniques, you’ll have experience leading complex projects, and advising, mentoring and developing more junior analysts.
You’ll work with management in Marketing, Sales and Product, identifying opportunities for analytics to aid them in achieving their objectives, and then direct the scoping, execution and delivery of these impactful projects. You’ll provide thought leadership and communicate technical concepts and opportunities to a wide audience.
You’ll have broad influence within Google, managing the analysts in the EMEA Market Insights team and playing an active role in Google’s broader analytics community.
Flexible working hours may be considered for this position.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Own the EMEA Market Insights (MI) Analytics function, working with other MI leaders and management in Marketing, Sales and Product to set quarterly and annual objectives for the function consistent with our broader MI priorities.
* Design, scope and lead execution of the projects required to achieve objectives, identifying the appropriate data sources and statistical techniques required to deliver high value outputs.
* Manage EMEA MI’s junior analysts, setting their longer term objectives, providing day to day guidance and mentoring.
* Collaborate with other analytical and research teams across Google to ensure Market Insights stays informed of relevant work being done in other parts of the organization.
* Work with appropriate technical teams across Google products to push the limits of what’s possible with our current datasets.