Are you an experienced Market Research Manager or Customer Insight Manager looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work in Travel?
Do you have experience managing multiple Market Research projects via an agency?
Then this could be an exceptional opportunity for you!
The leading consumer travel company is looking for a Market Research Manager/Customer Insight Manager to join their Marketing team to provide specialist customer insights expertise and create and deliver evidence-based customer insights (largely via externally commissioned projects), to help drive Customer strategy and propositions, whilst also providing insights support to all functions.
The company is transforming the marketing team, they have recently appointed a senior level marketer to transform the team and take them to the cutting edge of consumer marketing. The company is one of the most recognized brands in the UK and has 1,000s of visits to its website daily and looking for talented marketers to join the team and drive customer engagement and brand engagement.
Their culture is centred around empowerment & passion for their products with the appointment of their new Marketing Director there is a new drive within the team to grow and expand. The Marketing Director is a real leader within marketing, they focus on empowering the team to succeed and grow within their roles.
This role's mission is to utilise their insights and research methodology expertise to support the Senior Customer Insights Manager in moving the team to have a more pro-active and strategic approach to research, which aligns with objectives and identifies knowledge gaps.
Their culture is a dynamic and fun place to work, they are looking for driven, ambitious individuals to join their team and help us regrow the business.
This role will also support with ensuring GDPR compliance within the team on an ongoing basis. Plus introducing a more streamlined and GDPR compliant solution for undertaking in-house surveys both within the team and across the whole of the company, and liaising cross-functionally to ensure its successful implementation.
As a Market Research Manager/Customer Insight Manager you will join the wider Marketing team report directly into the Senior Customer Insight Manager and be responsible for:
- To utilise insights and research methodology expertise to support the Senior Customer Insights Manager in moving the team to having a more pro-active and strategic approach to research, which aligns with the Customer Business Plan objectives and identifies knowledge gaps.
- Provide technical customer insights expertise as required to assist all staff in any projects that require it (ensuring that the solutions offered maximise cost effectiveness, timeliness and insight) and disseminating research findings to all relevant teams.
- Where outsourcing research, to recommend the most suitable research agencies to approach and manage the tender process; taking responsibility as primary contact with the agency throughout the life of the project, working with the agency to deliver solutions not problems to the internal client; ensuring that the research outputs are actionable, timely and address the objectives of the internal client. Ensure that the work undertaken in-house or commissioned externally is compliant with the Market Research Society (MRS) Code of Conduct and GDPR, and where feasible, agencies commissioned are always MRS accredited.
- To effectively manage and support the Customer Insights Researcher(s) day to day, so they have the required tools/knowledge to deliver high quality evidence based research and outputs which meet the needs of the internal client. Plus, support their ongoing personal and professional development.
- Broaden 's current access to insights reporting/data by building and maintaining strong working relationships with Research Professionals across the rail industry (including TOCs, DfT, Network Rail, Transport Focus, ORR, Transport Scotland, etc). Thereby keeping abreast of the cross-industry research being conducted, and building a comprehensive internal database of resources, to use/disseminate as appropriate, and avoid money being spent on primary research where secondary data already exists.
- Support the Senior Customer Insights Manager in ensuring GDPR compliance within the team on an ongoing basis. Plus introduce a GDPR compliant solution for undertaking in-house surveys both within the team and across the whole of , gaining agreement from relevant colleagues/Directorates to move to this new solution, and creating templates/best practice guidance, so that all colleagues are working to this new approach.
- To keep abreast of research best practice and methodologies generally, to ensure that the research function remains a credible authority in the areas it serves.
This is also an opportunity for professional development and networking with/learning from other research colleagues and institutions. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on experience in Market Research and worked for a fast moving consumer-facing brand such as travel, telecoms or financial services.
The Market Research Manager/Customer Insight Manager role requires the following experience:
- Degree/post graduate degree in relevant subject, plus 5 years' minimum professional market research experience (agency and/or client-side).
- MRS qualified
- Experience in successfully managing and developing direct reports, and working effectively with 3rd party suppliers
- A thorough understanding of modern market research techniques and analysis tools, and proven success in cost effectively procuring and/or managing customers insights projects from inception to completion
- Skilled in drawing the insight from qualitative and quantitative research data (new and existing), and translating them into business conclusions, which ultimately help shape customer experience
- Highly analytical with advanced Excel skills, and the ability to interpret data, draw concise conclusions and create structured reports and presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to enable effective liaison with both internal and external stakeholders/suppliers, and the confident presentation of insights findings
- An effective project manager, capable of managing a broad and diverse range of tasks and constantly re-assessing priorities to ensure that key deliverables are achieved to schedule
- Highly organised self-starter, demonstrating excellent time management skills, tenacity, and a keen eye for detail
- Strong team player with the ability to influence others
Title: Market Research Manager /Customer Insight Manager - Travel
Location: London (St Pauls)
Salary: £40k - £50k
Benefits: Bonus & Benefits
** Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the EU**
Blue Pelican Marketing