Brief Description of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to produce high quality marketing deliverables that support the firm's international growth ambition and its clients and markets. This includes thought leadership, client facing reports and publications.
Key responsibilities include managing the ongoing development of the publications strategy, to keep pace with change and client requirements, identifying the key publications, both online and hardcopy, that will best showcase the firm's strategic markets and specialisms, and be responsible for their project planning, management and delivery. The role is also responsible for overseeing the firm's annual legal directory submissions with our consultant support, and analysing corporate sponsorship opportunities, ensuring full benefits are satisfied.
This role is required to operate strategically, suggesting new and innovative ideas and advising internal clients and partners on all aspects of all content, but with a hands-on approach as well to ensure that all published materials are implemented resourcefully and correctly. This will require close liaison with public affairs, partners and management, ensuring a smooth running of the process from start to finish and then working closely with the wider BD team to assess the success of each publication, and initiative, and how the firm can build on this in the future.
* Previous experience of working in a professional services environment
* Strong project management and planning skills
* Organised and methodical
* Effective business writing and communication styles, adaptable to various situations
* Business benefit and results focused
* Service delivery focused
* Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with change
* Strategic and pragmatic; ability to quickly achieve 'trusted adviser' status
* Enthusiastic and optimistic attitude; commitment to profitable growth by Kennedys
* Adhere to Kennedys' core values through working relationships, attitude and behaviour.
* Good understanding of the insurance industry
* Pragmatic operator, comfortable working in a non-directive environment
* Creative approach to meeting challenges and opportunities
* Good understanding of the various pressures lawyers work under
* Experience using email marketing software to send bulk emails (e.g. Vuture VX)
* Experience using CRM (customer relationship management) system (e.g. InterAction).
Kennedys' Firm information:
Kennedys is an international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. With over 1,700 people worldwide across 32 offices in the UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields.
We act for insurers, reinsurers, Lloyd's Syndicates, public bodies and corporates. Our deep sector knowledge means that we understand the impact of proposed regulations and advise our clients on the implications this will have on their business. Every day we make a difference for our clients.
We provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics. We deliver these in plain English and it's what we call Legal advice in black and white.
What do we have to offer?
At Kennedys we offer a vibrant and supportive working environment built upon our core values; we are approachable, and responsive, we show respect for people, we are trustworthy and straightforward and we ensure that we deliver economic solutions for our clients.
We actively encourage all staff to develop in their chosen career by providing early responsibility, supervision and training.
Please see attached job description for further information.