24 days ago
Marketing Analyst – Milton Keynes
Marketing Analyst – Milton Keynes
South East England
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
Our Milton Keynes office has an opportunity available for a Marketing Analyst to join the team.
The Marketing Planning and Effectiveness team is responsible for raising the understanding of how marketing contributes to the bank’s objectives, identifying and measuring the performance drivers for all marketing activity, modelling future results and optimising the effectiveness of marketing activity.
You will be exploring the drivers of marketing effectiveness and helping ensure the whole of Marketing uses these findings to drive performance. You will get the chance to get involved in data science projects in the data lake and as a result experience with programming languages such as SQL or Python is ideal.
This role would be suitable for a graduate who is looking to build on their mathematical / technical background and looking for their next step in an analytical role. Training can be provided for candidates who have a technical background and are seeking to move into the marketing area.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Marketing Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Using data analysis to help the Marketing and Sustainability teams better plan, measure and optimise the effectiveness of their activity.
* Devising and conducting experiments, using a range of data sets and techniques, to test new ways to deliver measurable performance gains against our objectives and helping establish a common, consistent and repeatable testing framework based on scientific principles.
* Supporting the development of the marketing area at Santander and championing a culture of learning, ensuring we make use of what we learn.
* Supports more senior members of the team in the development and implementation of strategy and plans and ensuring effective resource allocation and adherence to budget.
* Works collaboratively to provide support in their field of expertise to internal and external stakeholders and makes sure we adhere to relevant policies and frameworks.
Minimum skills and experience required
* A basic understanding of statistical analysis with previous coding experience using Python, R or similar would be desirable.
* An appropriate knowledge of the regulatory frameworks relating to use of data (e.g. GDPR).
* Good communication skills and ability to clearly present analysis and key findings to management to inform decision making.
* Good understanding of the customer and drivers of customer behaviour.
* Understands the changes in digital technology and how these create opportunities to deliver more effective/streamlined processes.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.