Marketing and Communications Executive
Our client is a registered charity. They exist to work with people with spinal cord injuries to create opportunity, choice and independence. They aim to enable disabled people to achieve their full potential.
Amongst the services provided are; their grant service that awards grants for specialised equipment, Independent Living advice provided by trained advisors, provision of Assistive Technology facilities at Spinal Injury Centres and specially adapted houses throughout the country which serve as accommodation for patients newly discharged from hospital, while permanent, accessible accommodation is being arranged.
Position: Marketing & Communications Executive
Location: Head Office, Stanmore
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours a week, with some evening / weekend work
Salary: £20 to £22k per annum
Closing date: 22nd November 2017
About the role:
They have a vacancy for a Marketing and Communications Executive to join their busy team, working alongside the Communications Manager. You will be responsible for raising awareness of the charity and supporting fundraisers by identifying media opportunities, maintaining social media accounts, ensuring case studies are written and catalogued, reviewing and updating the website and producing creative and engaging content.
- Write and post regular content for their social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc
- Use social media to promote their service provision and fundraising opportunities and events
- Support their fundraisers through regional PR coverage
- Raise awareness of their Services by identifying media opportunities for Grants recipients and other service users
- Raise awareness of their Your Fund and support applicants in their fundraising
- Monitor media coverage and maintain the press database
- Research and write content for a variety of outlets including social media, websites, press releases, printed collateral and email communications to service users, supporters and fundraisers
- Coordinate the production and emailing of the quarterly ENews to their swimmers database
- Produce creative content for social media and the website, including infographics and video
- Liaise with all teams to ensure the case studies library is continuously updated with recent case studies
- Identify and write up case studies of service users and fundraisers for use in all their communications activities
- Write content in line with the SEO plan
- Evaluate media coverage and PR activity for internal and external reports
- Use analytic tools to report on social media and web performance
- Monthly analytics reporting to the Director of Fundraising & Marketing
- Support the Communications Manager in ongoing projects and the fundraising team in their events and fundraising activities
- The ability to build strong relationships within the company as well as with their supporters, fundraisers and service users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the importance of developing relationships with fundraisers to ensure longevity of support.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and empathetically with disabled people and service users from a variety of backgrounds
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of social networking platforms
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience of digital storytelling tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, iMovie, Canva
- Experience of photography and filmmaking
- An understanding of the importance of SEO
- Experience using the fundraising database Raiser’s Edge
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Executive, Marcoms, Corporate Communications, Marketing Graduate, Advertising, Media, Marketing Assistant, CIM Qualified, Marketing Communications Executive, Marketing Exec, Social Media, Digital Marketing, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.