Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be part of the BMJ Institutional Marketing team, and will work specifically with the Global Health & Partnerships team on the implementation and sustainability of a high profile, high priority healthcare training, and clinical decision support programme spanning multiple countries.
Working closely with the Head of Institutional Marketing, the Marketing & Communications Manager will lead a team accountable for the planning, execution, and accomplishment of all activities required to deliver a successful implementation of the programme across multiple countries, in multiple languages, and managing to the constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality.
A key focus of the role will be to work across a number of countries as part of our pre-engagement efforts for implementation of the programme ensure that we continue to meet our vision for a healthier world, and extend the reach of the BMJ brand as a valued and trusted partner. It requires a high level of political astuteness and diplomacy.
The marketing and engagement activities are essential to the success of the programme and future sustainment. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
You will have experience of working within a healthcare, public health, international development or governmental context, but most of all you will be able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
Experience and qualifications - essential:
● Degree, CIM Diploma
● Proven line management experience
● Experience of Global health and/or public health
● Excellent working knowledge of international healthcare markets
● Experience in setting and controlling budgets
● Excellent communication and presentation skills
● Experience of working with CRM systems
● Experience of leading customer insight/focus groups and external events
● Experience of creating marketing automation programmes
● Successful creation and implementation of marketing plans and campaigns
● Experience working within political or diplomatic environments
● Engagement and influencing with senior decision makers and influencers
This is a London based role in BMA House, but you may be required to travel internationally. The position is a fixed term contract until June 2023 with the possibility of being extended further.
BMJ takes pride in its people and is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.