Design International (DI) is an award-winning architectural practice based in London, with branch offices in Milan, Shanghai and Dubai. We operate on a global scale and provide our clients with innovative and sustainable design solutions, with a particular focus on how architecture and public places influence human behaviours.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, pragmatic and versatile leader to oversee all marketing, communications and business development aspects of our dynamic and multi-cultural organisation. This is a hands-on role and will suit someone committed with excellent strategic, creative writing and presentation skills, acute commercial understanding of the real estate sector and a strong team player who works with enthusiasm across various administrative, financial, contractual/bids and design divisions. The ideal candidate shall have proven architectural strategic marketing and business development experience and/or a profound passion for design and architecture.
One other key role this person will play is to assist the President of the DI Foundation with all the marketing and communications needs set up by the Foundation and its Research & Development arm called “DI Campus” based at our Milan office. Your role will entail coordinating the scholarship programme and marketing DI Campus activities, assisting the Foundation’s President through the organisation of fund-raising events and the management of social media platforms. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who wishes to take on a challenge.
Your key duties and responsibilities:
- Production and delivery of the corporate marketing strategy (yearly review)
- Production and management of the marketing budget (yearly) and prepare monthly marketing performance reports to monitor its implementation and/or alterations that require Partners’ approval
- Organise and oversee all marketing collateral (corporate brochures, corporate videos, photography of completed projects, website, blogs content, etc.)
- Organise and oversee all corporate events (Mapic and Mipim conferences in Cannes, DI Campus events in Milan, DI Lounge events in London, etc.)
- Monitor ongoing market developments and trends
- Plan and implement the internal and external communication strategy (yearly review)
- Organise, contribute, prepare and oversee Partners’ and Directors’ participation to external events and secure speaker slots
- Review projects’ descriptions to ensure consistency across all offices of the company
- Write and distribute press releases
- Select and coordinate external PR agencies (if employed for specific projects and/or countries)
- Write DI monthly corporate internal newsletter
- Create and manage the content of DI monthly corporate Roundups in London
- Create and manage the content of all Corporate Social Media
- Manage internal CRM system
3. Business Development
- Production and delivery of the corporate business development strategy (yearly review)
- Production and management of the business development budget (yearly) and prepare monthly reports to monitor its implementation and/or alterations that require Partners’ approval
- Creation of Clients Profile to gain insight into their market and development strategies
- Assist the Director of Contracts & Bids in tracking bids and share marketing data
You must have:
- Outstanding written and spoken English with a feeling for ‘the story’. Additional languages of advantage.
- Experience in a marketing and communications role within the real estate consultancy industry or architecture practice
- Experience structuring, tasking, motivating, and coordinating multiple teams over diverse areas of scope
- Ability to work focused under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office package, in particular Word and Excel, a working knowledge of the Adobe Suite, Power Point and proficiency in mailing programs (i.e. ActiveCampaign)
- Good understanding and experience in using social media for business purposes as well as experience in using CMS and CRM software. An understanding of SEO principles, video-editing and digital marketing is desirable.
You must be:
Entrepreneurial: Able to grasp opportunity and drive it through with a ‘can-do’ enthusiastic approach
Analytical: Able to assess and analyse information and data effectively and feed back to operations
Creative: Always looking at things from a new angle.
Pragmatic: Able to achieve and go beyond with given resources and parameters
Astute: The ability to navigate many stakeholders with different goals and agendas
Resilient: Performs well under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity
Bold: Taste for the unconventional and imaginative
This role is a part of the Senior Leadership Team and reports directly to the Partners.