Marketing and PR Executive
Iron Mill College seeks a confident, experienced and enthusiastic individual who will lead and be responsible for the creative, efficient and energetic marketing of this successful and growing college. This role will predominantly focus upon expanding and increasing student recruitment, meeting sales targets through a wide range of networking and marketing activities to promote the college and its training provision.
You will be responsible for all digital marketing and traditional campaigns along with statistical analysis, market research and PR activities. In addition, you will be required to write business cases for new partnership activities, and development and implementation of the college strategic plan. As part of the CCS Education group, the role will also involve collaborating with colleagues at PCI College Ireland in sharing resources, systems and good practice. The role-holder will work within a supportive administrative team, and will join Senior Management Team Meetings and Strategy Meetings as required to advise on college directions for development based upon your evidence-based market research. The role-holder will be an ambassador for the college and represent its values and ethos in all aspects of the role.
Iron Mill College is a specialist independent college based in Exeter with a well-established centre in Poole and a further centre in development in Kent. With over 30 years of experience in the provision of high quality counselling and psychotherapy, mental health and wellbeing training programmes, the college is well known and highly regarded within the professional community. The college provides learning opportunities for a range of students at various levels from Certificate level through to postgraduate degrees. We also offer a comprehensive range of CPD programmes, free public lectures, conferences, study skills sessions, and a low-cost community Counselling Service. You will be joining a friendly, supportive and experienced team within a successful, growing organisation.
Hours: Full time (5 days per week) to include some Saturdays and evenings on rota/as required. Job-share and/or part-time options will also be considered on request.
Salary: £25,513 - £30,434 full-time (or pro-rata equivalent if part-time)
Reports to: The Finance Manager (Marketing and PR); The Administrative Team Manager (Administration, Rotas)
Location: Iron Mill College, Morwenstow, 7 Barnfield Crescent, Exeter, EX1 1QT
Application Closing Date: 5pm, Tuesday 21st May 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 6th June 2019
Selection method: A 15-minute presentation followed by a 30-minute interview.
Presentation Topic: “Marketing Iron Mill College’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Training and Services: a strategy for success.”
The role-holder will need to be an energetic, enthusiastic marketing professional with excellent communication and social skills, who is highly motivated towards results and works on initiative. The role holder will:
- Engage with the ongoing development of the Iron Mill College Marketing and PR Strategy, ensuring directives are followed, projects are well managed, and associated goals and targets are met.
- Participate in CCS Training (holding company) Strategy Meetings as required.
- Liaise with colleagues at PCI College in Ireland to share resources, systems and good practice, and to participate in any collaborative projects as required.
- Continuously engage in comparative market research to ensure IMC programmes are competitive in the market and offer the best value.
- Develop good understanding of the professional fields of counselling, psychotherapy, mental health and wellbeing; be alert and responsive to proposed changes in the professional and /or political environment; and to locate gaps in training/ services provision at a very early stage.
- Actively seek new opportunities for training provision that promotes our inclusivity and accessibility to a wider market.
- Represent Iron Mill College at functions as required, including open evenings, conferences, public meetings and similar events.
- Maintain Press & Radio database and distribute press releases.
- Produce well-presented publicity and promotional materials .
- Produce Market Research and analysis of statistics for planning and development purposes.
- Oversee the Iron Mill College Marketing budgets as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Initiate subject-led marketing strategies to increase student numbers across all courses.
- Increase opportunities for the college to provide opportunities for students and the public, such as Supervisor Networking Meetings, Placement Fayres, Public Lectures, Networking groups etc., and be actively involved in the delivery of such events.
- To initiate and engage in profile-raising campaigns and PR activities to identify and develop leads for new business and partnerships.
- Report to Senior Management and Directors on success indicators relating to Iron Mill College’s marketing strategy, including analysis of revenue and sales.
- Monitor and measure the impact of all marketing activities.
- Capitalise on reviews and feedback from students, staff and partners.
- Manage own time to ensure deadlines are met and workload is prioritised as directed.
- Enjoy PR activities, networking and relationship-building, and actively seek out and engage others with a confident, friendly, professional approach to maximise new opportunities for college development.
- Introduce new, exciting, innovative and contemporary approaches to marketing.
- Work within a small and busy administrative team, providing support and cover if required.
- Participate in a team rota covering Monday – Saturdays, and evenings as required for events.
- Initiate regular Skype meetings with Centre Coordinators, and travel to Poole and Kent on occasion, to liaise with academic colleagues and maintain marketing and PR activities to the same standard across all centres.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review on a regular basis.
An Honours undergraduate degree, preferably in Marketing, or in Business with a strong Marketing element
Additional specialist/ advanced training in creative use of social media, and/or other postgraduate marketing training
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing and/or sales role
- A proven track record of marketing and PR within an HE (higher education) or FE (further education) setting or experience in marketing within the college’s specialist areas of counselling, psychotherapy, mental health and wellbeing
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in managing Digital Marketing and Social Media campaigns across multiple channels
- Experience of using the Adobe design suite, specifically updating and editing InDesign documents
- Experience with Social Media Insights and Google Analytics
- Experience of using Google Adwords; knowledge of email marketing using Mailchimp; PagePlus/Photoshop/similar; use of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc;
- Experience of using CMS (Content Management Systems)
- Proven experience in producing professional and engaging content (e.g. newsletters, website, video, social media, press releases, articles) with meticulous attention to detail, clarity and accuracy.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to continuously learn and develop new and engaging marketing approaches for a contemporary market place, as trends in the industry progress
- Exceptional IT Skills, to include Microsoft Office packages and good research and editing skills
- Analysis and presentation of data for market research and sales purposes
- Excellent use of initiative along with strong time management and project management skills
- Positive, outgoing, enthusiastic and motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence and professionalism
- Works with initiative
- Supportive of team
Sounds like you? Then select 'APPLY'!