Our client provides world-class genetics research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions.
Founded by Professor Sir Edwin Southern, our client has helped pioneer the molecular medicine revolution by enabling smarter decision making in human healthcare. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, our client has a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
Our client is a rapidly growing company with state-of-the-art facilities and over 100 employees based at their head-office in Begbroke, Oxfordshire. Since its acquisition in 2017, our client are a subsidiary of the highly successful Sysmex Corporation, currently ranked in the top 10 global in‐vitro diagnostic companies.
Position: Marketing Assistant
Location: Begbroke, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive salary and bonus. Full benefit package
Closing date: 24th June 2019
About the role:
They have an exciting role for a self-motivated and professional individual to develop their digital marketing and communications skills in a rapidly growing organisation. Working across the marketing communications function, this role is broad and ideal for someone wanting to start their career within the digital / marketing communications function.
They are looking for someone who is naturally creative and has a great understanding of digital platforms.
- Assisting with new website content, including the development of the website.
- Helping with our client’s email marketing system and the email schedule, ensuring that there is a constant flow of content / new emails for their new / existing customers.
- Assisting the Digital Marketing Manager with digital metrics and report analysis.
- Implementation and co-ordination of additional online activities as required; such as 3rd party emails, banner adverts, Google AdWord campaigns.
- Social Media content – updating content for their social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – ensuring their SEO is up-to-date and reaching its full potential.
- Assisting the Marcomms Manager with delivering all European tradeshows and associated activities on time and to budget.
- Updating collateral / exhibition material, ensuring that it is kept up-to-date, in good condition and in stock.
- Logging sales leads on to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- CRM – ongoing cleaning and updating the CRM.
- Educated to A-Level (or equivalent) with a relevant Degree.
- Must have the desire to learn and develop.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Good communication: a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Goal driven and able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Scientific degree in biological sciences or equivalent.
- Familiar in the use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases.
- Experience in a similar role that required event management and some project management.
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Officer, Marketing Administrator, Communications Executive, Communications Assistant, Communications Officer, Communications Administrator, Events Management, Digital Marketing, Social Media, etc.