Job Title: Residential Marketing Graduate
Location: West Sussex
Job type: Full Time, Term Time Only (One year fixed term contract)
Closing Date: noon Friday 20th June 2019
The School is a delightful independent standalone prep school for boys and girls aged 2½ to 13 set in 260 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside. The tremendous grounds include a Forest School and a School Farm. The school has a proud record of feeding many of the top day and boarding schools in the South East, with a large proportion of leaving students achieving scholarships and awards.
They are looking for someone to support the marketing team, working from their busy school office. This role will include managing their social media channels and school website updates as well as creating their school publications termly and annually.
This role will be supporting the Head of Marketing and Admissions, working from their busy school office. This role will include developing and managing their social media channels and school website updates as well as creating their school publications termly and annually.
There are opportunities to gain both experience within the school and working with their external agencies. This role will be integrated into school life capturing all activities and events and will require working with all of the community including support staff, teachers, pupils and parents.
- Ensuring events and various day to day activities are photographed
- Updating and checking of images stored on photo drive, removing unusable images
- Collation of articles including writing copy and managing illustrations for 'The Explorer'
- Liaising with print suppliers for all printed marketing and school branded material
- Liaising with teaching staff to schedule social content calendar for week ahead
- Writing articles for local publications
- Collating information and putting together end of year magazine
- Using graphic design packages including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Supporting Friends of Great Walstead Association (FOGWA) events and initiatives
- Ensure brand is communicated in line with brand guidelines on social media
- Posting content to the various social media channels in a timely manner
- Develop and implement social media content calendar
- Updating display screens as needed in line with marketing requirements
- Working with students to produce online video content
- Attend and support school internal and external events
- Support admin as required for internal and external events
- Admin as needed for After School Activities
- Collating marketing material for prospective parents
- Collating mailshots as required
- To set a good example to all students, and staff in personal presentation and conduct
- To contribute to the ethos, aims and objectives of the School including the School's commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- To participate in the School's Performance Appraisal process
- To attend whole school training events as appropriate
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post, as directed by the Head or Head of Communications and Admissions
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
- Degree in Marketing or similar field
- Basic experience with digital media communication channels
- 1+ years marketing experience
- Knowledge of importance of excellent customer service
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experience in using creative software include Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional manner and approach. Good organisational, prioritising and time management skills
- Able to cope well under pressure, with the ability to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Digital Marketing Degree
- Typing/word processing qualification
- Administrative/clerical qualification
- Knowledge of relevant databases
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle complaints
Monday to Friday. 8.30am - 5.00pm a week (with an hour for lunch each day)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of their staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to their Client's careers page.
NOTE: You will only be considered for this role if the application form is completed.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Marketing Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Associate, Marketing Officer, Social Media Executive, B2B Marketing, Communications Officer, Comms Officer, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Graduate, Marketing Strategy Assistant, Social Media Coordinator, Digital Marketing Assistant, Marketing Co-ordinator may also be considered for this role.