Marketing Assistant (PR / Social Media)
Ready to rapidly further your career? Looking to put your communications and commercial acumen to the test within a fast-growing, top 10 tech PR agency…outside of London? Do you have a keen interest in forging a career in digital marketing and PR?
Our client provides a complete range of PR, digital and content services to technology clients in the retail, fintech, enterprise IT and security industries, to name just a few. They guarantee better results from their clients’ tech PR investment.
Position: Digital PR & Social Media Executive
Location: Hook, Hampshire (Commutable from Basingstoke, Farnborough, Aldershot and surrounding areas)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 per annum
About the role:
You will create and maintain a strong online presence for their clients, ensuring that you implement online strategies through agreed social media channels. As a tech-savvy professional with an interest in communicating through online channels, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote their client’s brands. Ultimately, you will increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader PR strategies.
- Identifies and engages with digital influencers through an effective social media strategy.
- Facilitates online conversations with their client’s customers and respond to queries.
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO to development social media reports that showcase results against agreed KPIs.
- Develops an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Suggests new ways to increase engagement, such as promotions and competitions.
- Acts as the first port of call for all social media / digital queries from clients.
- Supports lead generation efforts including datamining.
- Researches audience preferences and discover current trends to share with the digital team.
- Stays up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Builds, maintains and develops productive relationships with influencers, bloggers and vloggers as required.
- Monitors social media platforms, news sites and more for comment opportunities or chances to foster industry engagement.
- Reviews competitor social feeds for trending topics and insights.
- Supports Digital Account Lead to develop and progress Whiteoaks’ digital offering.
- Supports our client's Marketing and New Business social media activity.
- Create engaging text and image content to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around client campaigns under direction from Account Manager
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths
- Comprehensive up-to-date understanding of the UK social media landscape
- At least six months in a similar role, as an intern or a graduate
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and capabilities
- Superb written and oral communication skills – able to work with a broad cross section of both internal and external contacts
- Genuine interest in a career in the B2B, social media, and PR industries
- Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications
- Able to attend some meetings out of normal office hours
- Willingness to travel if required
You may have experience of the following: Digital PR & Social Media Executive, Public Relations, Social Media Executive, Media Relations, PR Officer, Journalist, Web Content Editor, Online Marketing Executive, SEO, Press Relations, Corporate Communications, Copy Writing, Social Media, Blog, Blogger, Social Networks, Web Editor, Junior, Graduate, Marketing Graduate, PR Graduate etc.