Marketing Brand Manager
T&R was founded in 1922 and is based in Linthwaite, Huddersfield. Over the past decade, the company has a consistent track record of sales and profit growth in the OTC Pharmaceutical, Rx Pharmaceutical, Dermatology and Household sectors, with leading brands which include Covonia, Hedrin, Care, Cetraben and Zoflora. T&R is part of the STADA Group, which is now active in over 40 countries.
Thornton and Ross has a vacancy for a Brand Manager to manage an extensive portfolio of Over the Counter medicines, Food Supplements, Cosmetics and Medical Devices under the Care brand (the number one brand sold in UK pharmacies).
Reporting into the Marketing Manager, managing all aspects of marketing for the Care brand portfolio with a focus on bottom-line CAM growth.
To drive the brand equity and growth by ensuring all key performance indicators are met through the implementation of the marketing business plan and NPD programmes.
Delivering sales targets through the creation and implementation of a strategic and tactical marketing plan, while keeping track of A&P expenditure
Working across departments to launch profitable and innovative NPD
The role will also include working with the sales team to produce ongoing, monthly SKU-level forecasts and liaising with other departments to ensure stock availability.
1. Preparation and implementation of the marketing plan and brand strategy to deliver the agreed sales targets, including setting of marketing and sales KPI’s to deliver against
2. Working with the sales team to produce ongoing, monthly SKU-level forecasts and liaising with other departments to ensure stock availability across the brand portfolio 3. Management of all elements of the marketing mix to maximise performance in the market: product proposition, packaging, distribution, pricing, promotion, product quality and format
4. Management of Advertising, Public Relations, Design and Digital agency relationships. Management of both pharmacy trade and consumer campaigns 5. Management of the NPD programme from initial identification of market opportunity to launch (managing existing NPD projects as well as identifying/sourcing new product opportunities)
6. Ongoing market research and analysis to monitor market trends, market shares and competitor activity in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the different markets Care operates within and keep abreast of competitor actions
7. Provide marketing support for the sales team/key account managers, ensuring they have the appropriate materials to enable them to effectively deliver the marketing messages and strategy to gain listings and increase distribution
To be considered for this position, please find below the relevant experience and criteria required;
Degree in Marketing, Business, Commerce or Life Sciences
Clean driving licence
At least 2 years’ experience across Marketing/Trade Marketing within a brand management role, ideally within the OTC pharmaceutical arena
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. is essential. It is important to be able to create and manage statistical data and be comfortable with the use of IT in this context.
This demanding role requires the following skills:
Analytical and numeracy skills
Be able to work within a team across all departments
Be able to deliver against demanding objectives/targets
Excellent communication and presenting skills
Resilience and determination to succeed
For the above position we can offer you good working conditions and a competitive salary. If you can deliver against the above criteria please apply now.
Please note this job may close once sufficient applications have been received.