Marketing Communications Executive (Regional)
Our client is the agency charged with promoting Greater Manchester on the national and international stage. The organisation works with private and public partners to support delivery of the Greater Manchester Strategy.
Position: Regional Product & Marketing Executive
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until March 2019
Location: Manchester City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Up to £22,259 per annum
About the role:
A shared role within the Marketing teams in Manchester and Birmingham to input into the product development, delivery and evaluation of a high-profile government funded tourism project working with London. This role is a fixed term contact until March 2019 and will be based in their office. You will be required to spend one day a week in the Birmingham office and attend monthly meetings in London. Some overseas travel may also be required.
- Input into the implementation of the project delivery plan
- Work with the overseas teams to conduct an audit of bookable product, develop an understanding of the booking platforms and identify gaps and opportunities
- Understand what product is currently available & market ready, from the city hubs of Manchester and Birmingham
- Develop and test new bookable product, developing new itineraries
- Develop and deliver new familiarisation and influencer trips for overseas buyers and influencers
- Be the key liaison for trade suppliers - deliver supplier trade workshops to recruit suppliers & provide ‘Welcome’ training, along with regular communication and evaluation
- Develop toolkits for suppliers on ‘Welcome’ training and making product bookable in overseas markets
- Co-ordinate content (copy, images, information, branding) to use across B2B and B2C collateral, marketing and PR campaigns
- Attend trade events both in the UK and overseas to represent ‘Manchester & Birmingham’ as part of the project
- Build strong relationships with the project partners, stakeholders and suppliers
- Key liaison for destination partnerships – including setting up and attending project meetings, communication and follow up on key actions
- Co-ordinate information for - financial and status project reporting, evaluation and dissemination
- Liaise with colleagues across Manchester, Birmingham and London to ensure that all activities are delivered on time and to budget
- Be an ambassador for the project and destinations – London, Birmingham and Manchester
- Working with the destination teams to deliver regional product, training and marketing campaigns
- IT proficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, working independently as well as being part of a team
- Excellent written and vocal skills
- Knowledge of the GCC and Chinese travel markets
- Languages: Arabic and Chinese.
- Significant experience working within a marketing or communications environment
- Excellent marketing & communications knowledge
- A professional qualification in Marketing, Communications, Events Management or Tourism would be desirable
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Executive, Marcoms, Corporate Communications, Marketing Graduate, Advertising, Media, Marketing Assistant, CIM Qualified, Marketing Communications Executive, Marketing Exec, Social Media, Digital Marketing, Events Executive, Events Management, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.