3 months ago
Marketing Communications Manager (118516)
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive with great benefits
: Jul 31, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Marketing Communications Manager
Consumer Marketing - BT Centre, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Our existing customers should be our biggest advocates. Making them want to stay with us and buy more from us is vital. The marketing communications that we send to our customers are key to achieving that. This role covers all propositions across BT and EE (broadband, voice, mobile, TV, Sport, VAS and add ons)
You will define and deliver brilliant marketing communciations for the customer life cycle stage you are specifically responsible for. Which could be either of the following:
* Early Life (first 0-60 days of a customer’s life cycle)
* Enrichment (61+ days – driving increased revenue growth through upsell and cross sell)
* Engage and Reward (61+ days – driving increased awareness and engagement of all products and services and rewarding and recognising loyalty)
* Protect (Reducing churn through proactive churn management at key trigger moments. Keeping customers informed of pricing, service or regulation changes)
What you'll be doing
* Accountable for defining and delivering brilliant customer marketing communication plans, campaigns and journeys for the EE and BT brand to the existing customer base
* Accountable for generating campaign footfall, calls and traffic to hit customer base household enrichment and commercial targets
* Accountable for the e2e creative briefing process including: creative concepts, assets and detailed creative execution of marketing communications campaigns (journeys) across the customer lifecycle stage (specific to your role) including Email, direct marketing, SMS, paid digital, social media, automated communications (SKCI), experience communications
* Has ultimate sign off on each marketing communications campaign (journeys)
* Responsible for print channel deployment (where appropriate)
* Optimises the performance of all customer marketing communication campaigns and journeys through using the measurement dashboards and reporting and recommendations created by the Digital team
* Sign off on the Digital’s recommendation to deliver a best in class customer contact strategy and channel of choice
* Accountable for ensuring all creative sign offs are achieved including legal, brand, financial & operational delivery managers
* Assess and act on Post Implementation Reviews and analysis
* Day to day agency management
* Develop & grow key agency/partner account relationships through activities such as monthly briefings and quarterly reviews
* Day to day budget responsibilities
* May attend regular commercial trading forums
* May manage a team to implement the relevant Marketing plan for the unit / area
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Proven experience launching commercially impactful, customer insight-led campaigns
* Track record of working effectively in cross-functional teams with excellent stakeholder management skills
* Significant experience of senior stakeholder management, demonstrating ability to work closely with and partner with the business within a highly complex challenging environment
* Excellent understanding of direct response marketing, direct communication channels i.e. SMS/MMS, Email and DM, customer data and fulfilment channels
* Able to work effectively in cross-functional teams with excellent stakeholder management skills
* Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with your stakeholders pan Consumer and BT i.e. legal, technical, marketing
* Substantial knowledge and broad experience in Marketing with specialist experience in base communications
Why choose us?
We’re the largest telco in the industry worth over £10bn in revenue, with over 20k employees and 34m customers - this offers enormous opportunities for our people and to be No. 1 in the market.
Our Consumer Unit exists of three household brands - EE, BT & Plusnet, from which collectively we generate more revenue than any other part of BT. This gives us more potential and scale than ever before and it’s a phenomenal foundation to build from.
All three brands are really important to our future strategy. BT, EE & Plusnet are unique and more valuable to us staying separate to make the most powerful imprint on the market.
We’ve got something special and we want everyone to feel proud about working here and excited about where we’re going and what we’re going to do.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.