Marketing Communications Officer
Our client is a dynamic and successful national charity which aims to improve the nursing care of people at home by supporting nurses working in the community. They are currently looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Officer to join the communications team.
Position: Marketing and Communications Officer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Benefits: We offer 25 days' holiday a year plus 10% employer contribution to pension scheme and free season ticket loans.
Closing date: Monday 10th December 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 18th December 2018
About the role:
They are looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer to support and develop the marketing, communications and fundraising functions of the organisation. The post holder will need to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the services delivered by them, including the grants function, the awards programmes, the Homeless Health programme, policy and campaigns work and any other temporary or permanent projects undertaken by the Institute.
- Design promotional material (both online and offline) using InDesign software and liaise with printers / suppliers
- Maintain and contribute content for and update the website
- Contribute to and follow-up press releases and field press enquiries when the Head of Communications is away
- Monitor media coverage, identifying opportunities for proactive press coverage
- Undertake picture research, buy images and hire professional photographers when needed
- Contribute to the organisation's campaign development and marketing
- Deliver communications training to nurse groups and work with them to produce local campaign materials
- Assist in managing our client's social media accounts
- Assist in organising events such as conferences, one-off special events and press briefings
- Write fundraising copy for a variety of donor audiences
- Help with managing online shop, liaising with Marketing and Administration Officer
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a marketing, communications or fundraising role
- Good skills using Adobe InDesign software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including good proof reading
- Capable of working to deadlines with the ability to multi-task and adapt to the needs to competing and changing priorities
- You will need to be able to use Adobe InDesign with some experience of Photoshop
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- A marketing, communications or fundraising qualification
- Experience of organising events such as conferences
- Training or experience in journalism
- Experience or knowledge of the health sector.
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Communications Officer, Marketing Officer, Communications Officer, Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Communications Executive, Communications Executive, Communications Assistant, Digital Communications Executive, Digital Communications, Marketing Communications, Marcoms, Social Media, Web Content Management, Online Content Management, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Events, PR Officer, Public Relations, Media Officer, etc.