7 months ago
On a typical day you’ll be writing for a variety of customer-facing materials, from brochures, booklets and magazines, to direct mail, web pages and posters. You’ll provide support for seasonal marketing campaigns, ad hoc requests and everything in between, utilising your long and short copy skills.
As one of our brand gatekeepers, our style guide will become your bible and you’ll champion our tone of voice. You’ll also work closely with colleagues from across the Commercial department, listening to their requirements and translating them into a language our customers will understand.
Some of the products we offer can be difficult to explain, so we need someone who can write in plain English and make the complex stuff sound simple. Finding the right creative balance between what the customer needs, what the business requires and regulatory compliance is key.
The relationships you build across the Marketing, Insight, Products and Financial Promotions teams will be really important, too. Because you’ll need to keep an eye on changes made to copy and be comfortable challenging constructively where necessary.
Although you don’t need a background in financial services, significant experience in writing for B2C is essential. And it goes without saying you’ll have a strong command of literacy and grammar with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
About the Society
When you become a Skipton colleague you’ll be welcomed in by supportive people who are keen to see you do well - all within a high performing organisation where colleagues are curious and encouraged to challenge the mainstream. We’re on the Times Top 100 Companies to Work For list and the only building society to achieve platinum accreditation from Investors in People.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has the opportunity to fulfil their career potential. This includes consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility, please let us know.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests
* Car Allowance – if applicable to role
* More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care