Marketing Director Job - Portsmouth - Full-time Permanent Job - Insurance Industry
Your new company
SPB UK & Ireland offers unique expertise in designing and managing tailor-made insurance programmes, warranty extensions and related services for banking products, mobile phones, gadgets, and everyday goods.
Their business is energetic and robust. With a turnover of £10 million and a fast expansion plans they will be looking for the next 10 million growth over the coming 5 years. This business is fast paced and entrepreneurial in culture.Your new role
This is an exciting time to join this organisation as they embark on additional growth. Working alongside the senior management team, you will be responsible for the management of the wider Marketing team. Ideally you will be somebody who can bring plans to the table and be able to implement these effectively. You will be confident in all areas of the marketing mix including market research, product strategy, product positioning, pricing guidance, campaign development and creation. There will be a focus on new product positioning relative to the current portfolio mix and market needs and opportunities. You will be developing both long-range plans and forecasts for both new products and the overall UK existing market.
What you'll need to succeed
- Plan and execute a marketing strategy for the organisation and for new and existing products or services
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy
- Develop a brand strategy
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget
- Create and manage a calendar of events such as webinars, conferences and thought leadership contributions
- Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team and marketing managers
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary
- Provide tools and materials to enable the sales team to function effectively
- Manage and refine the organisation’s social media presence
- Manage and measure marketing campaign costs
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs
- Utilise data for marketing campaigns, interrogating the organisation’s databases and external data
- Identify new business opportunities
- Analysis of available market research and product performance data to drive product positioning of new products and alignment of existing products.
- Ensure the delivery of team through development and cascade to team objectives, targets and goals required to meet the commercial strategic targets and objectives
- Responsible for leading the development of new product plans and campaigns gaining buy in of the management team to proposed recommendations
- Responsible for external and internal communications
If you are a dedicated and driven individual and are looking for a new challenge, this is the role for you. The successful candidate will have previously operated at this level or alongside the senior management team specifically in the Financial Services sector. You will be a creative individual looking to make your mark on an organisation with a can-do attitude and be a successful team leader. You will be able to implement business critical decisions to further benefit the organisation and boost revenue. You will have:
What you'll get in return
- Excellent digital, analytical, numerical, listening, written and negotiating skills
- Experienced in communicating and working with different levels of management
- Strong marketing experience of both B2B and B2C
- Knowledge able in all stages of marketing planning and marketing concepts including market research
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Experience of working with different cultures
- Be an approachable and strong leader
- Open to travel and happy to be in the office 5 days a week and highly committed to the business
In return you will receive a competitive salary of £80,000 + bonuses and excellent additional benefits. This represents an exciting opportunity for a senior leader to join an organisation as they embark on additional company growth.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.