24 days ago
Leading marketing and partnering with sales, product and customer success teams in order to drive growth and retention across the education software solutions (ESS) business unit
The Marketing Director is fundamental in devising and delivering the BU strategy for growth. As well as driving the strategic direction for the Education Software marketing activities, the Marketing Director will work closely with the Go-To-Market Brand Sales Directors driving lead generation and execution of nurturing programs to achieve aggressive revenue growth. Through partnership with Product, Customer Success and Sales teams, this role will focus on demand generation, delighting existing customers and cross/up-selling.
Capita ESS has ambitious growth plans and is operating in a rapidly changing market environment. As part of the senior management team, the opportunity is to be integral to this growth strategy with the common goal to not only build on the continued success of the broad ESS business but to help drive revenue growth through the successful delivery of a number of strategic investment priorities currently in play.
As the business pushes for growth, this will include launching new products and entering new markets (in the UK and internationally).
In addition to driving marketing focused on lead generation, a key component of the role also focuses on customer retention within the schools market where the business has an enviable market share. Reviewing, and delivering tangible improvements, in how the business communicates to its different customer groups will be key, along with designing marketing activities and nurturing campaigns to foster customer retention, cross and up-selling.
Title: Marketing Director – Education Software Solutions
The Marketing Director will play a key role in enhancing the position of the ESS solutions within the UK and International markets and supporting the ESS GTM brands in line with their strategic growth agenda. Jointly-reporting to the Divisional Strategy & Marketing Director and the ESS Managing Director, this appointee will formulate and implement a marketing strategy across ESS to drive aggressive growth in market share through identifying and defining the business in terms of clearly identified market opportunities. This role will cover all areas of marketing and communications across ESS. The role will also have accountability for external customer communications strategy, incident communications and marketing activity to foster customer retention.
Approximately 18 FTE covering marketing and communications for all of Education Software’s Go-To-Market (GTM) brands and specialist services such as events, digital, communications and marketing operations.
ESS Go-To-Market (GTM) Brands
Education Software Solutions has four main GTM brands covering five market areas. The GTM brands are SIMS (the UK’s market-leading schools MIS software, split into UK state schools and Independent/International), Reading Cloud (school library management systems), UNIT-e (Further Education SIS) and AGILIT-e (Higher Education SIS).
* Working closely with ESS Board and the broader senior management team, the Marketing Director will develop and implement the Marketing strategy, the go-to-market marketing model and the market proposition to ensure Capita ESS achieves its financial targets and associated business objectives
* Build on and refine the marketing strategy the ESS as a whole and its GTM brands in order to foster customer retention and cross/up-sell for SIMS, and drive in-bound lead generation for Reading Cloud, Independent/International, UNIT-e and AGILIT-e.
* Partner with the GTM brand Sales Directors to continually increase marketing’s contribution to the pipeline and enabling them to meet their revenue objectives by delivery of appropriate quality and quantity of leads, nurturing programs, industry events and supporting activity.
* Guiding the day to day activities of the marketing team: Hire, develop and coach a high performing marketing team.
* Work closely with product management team to develop the appropriate propositions, launch plans and marketing materials.
* Developing and delivering marketing and customer communications strategies for ESS – including overall communications strategy, annual runway allowing ‘air traffic control’ and incident management communications.
* Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
* Plan and execute campaigns for corporate promotion, launching of new product lines and geographies etc.
* Conduct general market research to ensure that the business makes evidence-based decisions and in order to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements.
* Control budgets and allocate resources amongst the various marketing plans and projects in play
* Act as a figurehead for the organisation with external parties such as customers, prospects, media, events, industry stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships with influencers.
* Transition, mentor and coach the marketing teams to effectively market Cloud Services
* Support the Sales Directors in building on an enterprise sales approach with Account Based Marketing in key sectors.
* Continue the transition from outbound marketing to strategic content partnerships and development of the digital ecosystem to drive inbound lead generation
* Review, develop and implement marketing technology (including Marketo automation platform) to improve the effectiveness of marketing activities as well as provide improved marketing metrics and monthly management reporting.
* Where appropriate, engage with the market to position Capita favourably against the competition through strategic, value-based selling, business case definition and ROI analysis. Work with existing customers on reference selling, PR and case studies to promote Capita’s ESS offerings and value-add to new customers.
* Provide regular accurate management information, metrics and updates on marketing activity and pipeline, predicted revenues, marketing administration processes associated with the fulfilment of sales campaigns and subsequent ROI.
* Manage the end-to-end Marketing function process by liaising with appropriate internal resources such as Sales, Pre-Sales, Programme and Product Development and Support as a means of generating increased revenue.
* Represent ESS on the divisional Marketing Leadership Team (MLT) and actively contribute to developing and improving the overall divisional marketing organisation and it’s ways of working.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* The successful candidate will have the personal credibility, balance and considered style and demonstrable experience to manage the marketing function across all disciplines including brand awareness, demand generation and customer retention
* A persuasive and engaging personality, candidates will demonstrate the ability to be creative, incisive, objective, challenging, thought provoking and constructive
* Significant experience within a software environment
* Education sector expertise and market knowledge is highly desirable
* Excellent leadership and organisational skills
* Analytical and creative thinking
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Fully engaged with marketing trends, but also constantly re-appraising all the marketing tools within the company to make sure they’re giving the company an advantage over its competitors
* Proven ability to support sales in delivery of challenging revenue targets and product with propositions, launches and messaging
* Highly experienced in stakeholder management and capable of influencing at the highest levels of the organisation
* Highly articulate, with the ability to communicate ESS value proposition, marketing roadmap and vision to the business and the customer as well as the broader education community
* Bright, charismatic, positive, proactive and committed, with a strong work ethic and high levels of energy and honesty
Other Circumstances of the Job
The post holder will be required to travel regularly to other offices and to travel to events, exhibitions and customer sites.
A full driving licence or the ability to travel to various sites/events in the UK is required.
Overnight stays away from home will also be necessary on occasions.