3 months ago
Global is one of the world’s leading media & entertainment groups and Europe’s largest radio company. At Global, we work hard, we’re obsessed about the detail in everything we do and most of all we’re proud to be known for employing some of the best talent in the industry.
As the country’s leading commercial radio business, Global is home to some of the biggest and most loved media brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. Every week, Global brands reach more than 31 million people, including more than 25 million on the radio alone.
Global has more than 1,600 people working at 25 broadcast centres around the UK and offices in New York, Paris & Hamburg. We’re a dynamic company who look for like-minded and passionate people to join the business.
* The mission for Marketing at Global is to create, nurture and grow some of the UK’s most loved media brands in order to help Global achieve its immediate business goals, as well as ensure we embrace a brave new digital future.
* Our Marketing Executives will be a key part of the team helping audiences understand that our brands are the best in the UK, and they will work across Global to make sure that everyone understands what we need to do to make sure this happens.
* You’ll be part of a passionate team of Marketers in London creating and executing work that drives this business forward and makes us proud to work for Global.
What you’ll be doing…
* Reporting into a Senior Marketing Manager, you will work seamlessly with them alongside the Director of Brands and Campaigns and Brand Marketing team to deliver outstanding through-the-line campaigns, focusing in particular on the logistical implementation of those campaigns across all channels.
* You will also manage tactical, reactive activity alongside strategic delivery plans.
* Day to day you will have campaigns and work streams dedicated to the radio brands LBC and Smooth, however will be expected to be agile across brands and will be expected to understand the different audience segments they cater for.
* You will help oversee and deliver post-campaign analysis and subsequent sharing of best practice for the campaigns you have worked on.
* You will help manage relationships and communication of strategy to all key business areas, commercial stakeholders and agencies.
Who you’ll work with…
* You’ll report into a Senior Marketing Manager to make sure that you are supporting the conception, delivery, monitoring and analysis of brand campaigns across LBC and Smooth, making sure agreed strategies and plans are being brilliantly executed across all required channels.
* You’ll work closely with the other Marketing Executives ensuring we have a consistent approach across all campaign planning and delivery. You’ll also work with our Marketing Apprentices, ensuring they play an active role in campaign deliverables and supporting their development where required.
* You will develop excellent working relationships with the Editorial, Commercial and external agency team teams, keeping updates of activity from both sides clear and open at all times.
You’ll have experience in…
* Being part of a team delivering campaigns for major brands in a complex business or broadcast environment. A background operating for a news brand and a passion for current affairs is desired but not essential.
* An understanding of any proposed marketing strategy and marketing techniques, and the willingness to learn quickly on any areas where you feel you need extra knowledge.
* Understanding the benefits of audience insight in building campaigns.
* Demonstrable experience of maximising the impact for marketing activity with limited resources.
* A track record of developing partnerships to help build brand awareness with limited resource.
You’ll have these skills…
* An ability to understand and reconcile commercial and editorial objectives when developing marketing planning and campaign briefs.
* Commercially astute with an understanding of how we make money and the role brand marketing plays in this.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Organised, with strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines. Even under this pressure, you will be focused on the future of your brand, not just the immediate needs.
* Great communication, influencing and negotiation skills at all levels, internally and externally
* Analytical and good with numbers
* A desire and hunger for continuous learning of best marketing practice.
* And of course you’ll demonstrate our Global behaviours: Straight talking and sincere, love to delivery, obsessive about detail and strive to do it differently.