6 months ago
The Economist Group logo
The Economist is a leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs, published weekly in print and tablet editions, and daily through our Espresso app and Economist.com. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences, films and digital editions. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
We are recruiting a Marketing Executive to join the Customer Retention team within the Global Circulation department. The successful candidate will work closely with and support the Head of Customer Retention to increase retention rates and lifetime value for subscribers to The Economist. This exciting role will also be responsible for executing win back campaigns, , from planning and producing copy and creative, to testing, optimising and measuring performance across all channels including email, social, print and online.
How will you contribute?
* Support the Head of Customer Retention on executing the customer-led renewal strategy to increase retention rates and lifetime value
* Monitor the quality and timely delivery of the renewal series with regional mailing houses, telemarketing agencies and fulfilment bureau. Carry out weekly audits of renewal letters and emails as well as regular call listening
* Work with regional mailing houses, telemarketing agencies and fulfilment bureau to maintain and update renewal marketing assets and scripts
* Manage renewal print stock with our EMEA mailing house to ensure timely delivery of renewal letters
* Plan and execute win back campaigns across all channels from email, direct mail, social, online and telemarketing
* Work closely with the data team to identify and select appropriate customer segments for targeted marketing campaigns
* Liaise with creative agencies and designers to produce persuasive, compelling and on-brand communications, including copy writing and proofing of all creative
* Identify and surface the most compelling editorial content for win back emails and social campaigns
* Create regular content ads in Photoshop for social media win back campaigns
* Create and send win back emails out via Salesforce Marketing Cloud
* Monitor and report win back results against plan
* Work closely with the fulfilment bureau and Customer Operations team to ensure all renewal and win back offers are set up correctly
* Work with suppliers (eg. fulfilment bureau, social media agency, telemarketing agencies, creative agencies, mailing house etc) to ensure best practice is followed and processes are continually improved
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The Ideal skills for this role are:
* Good communication skills (highly numerate & articulate)
* Good copy writing skills and attention to detail
* A problem solver attitude with a proactive mind-set
* The ability to multi-task under pressure
* The ability to work within a team and interact effectively with staff across all levels and all functions
* Prior experience of developing marketing plans is a plus
* Previous experience of managing marketing budgets would be ideal
* Experience of monitoring and reporting results against budget
* Experience of managing and implementing print, online and telemarketing campaigns
* Experience of working with designers, agencies and other external suppliers
* Direct marketing experience within subscriptions or CRM would be desirable
* Prior experience if using Microsoft Office, Excel
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS