3 months ago
Marketing (Europe) operates across the complete portfolio of Thomson Reuters professional service solutions – from content through to artificial intelligence. This will include a portfolio of Tax & Accounting and Legal Solutions, serving both the professional and corporate market. The complete print product catalogue is also a key component and revenue stream within the remit of Marketing (Europe).
In support of business and growth objectives, Marketing will also be responsible for developing market entry or deepening strategies across mainland Europe, building on our leadership position in UK & Ireland and the customer successes already recorded in broader markets. Our pan-European mandate represents a significant growth opportunity for Marketing and our respective business units.
The world that our customers operate in is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that professional services firms, organisations, the public sector and academics need to work at their best.
Role Purpose/ Summary:
As the Marketing Executive within customer marketing, you’ll be responsible for generating and implementing a range of marketing interventions that drive stronger performance and delight across our existing customer base.
You’ll be responsible for a range of customer communications and marketing channels, with the aim of driving usage, retention, up-sell propensity and customer satisfaction measures. This will combine certain elements of our solutions/product marketing heritage – including launches and enhancements - but will seek to bring a renewed customer focus. We won’t be bombarding our customers with inconsistent communications, but will develop a more measured and data-driven methodology to result in stronger marketing performance and customer satisfaction.
Working with the Senior Exec for Customer Marketing, you will work together to shape and deliver the marketing programme for your products and customers. Specifically, you’ll take the lead on implementing marketing communications for product updates, enhancements and key changes, alongside ensuring our approach is integrated with effective sales enablement content.
You’ll work across a range of solutions and will actively develop a more joined-up approach across our portfolio.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
CUSTOMER MARKETING PROGRAMMES
* Marketing responsibility for ensuring the business is aware of, ready for and fully capitalising on product updates and enhancements within your portfolio. Moreover, you’ll take the lead in ensuring our areas of differentiation are effectively articulated throughout all customer touchpoints. You’ll work closely with sales, customer service and other elements of marketing.
* Develops and implements a range of customer communications and campaigns, related to product/solution enhancements and updates. You’ll execute across a range of media and channels, including direct marketing and in-product marketing. Alongside this, you’ll be constantly looking for new ways to engage with our customers.
* You will develop and own a series of webinars, roundtables and other key events, designed to keep our customers closely connected with developments and Thomson Reuters as a brand. You’ll work with the Senior Marketing Exec, Customer Marketing, to ensure we have a joined-up approach.
* Utilises analytics and TR data to industrialise intelligence within our customer marketing. This will include understanding a range of business metrics and performance measures across the automation, drafting and tax software solutions portfolio. From here, you will set performance improvement goals and show a clear link back to commercial performance and marketing effectiveness.
* You’ll take the lead in the development of sales enablement marketing strategies, delivered via seismic and other channels. In doing so, you’ll also develop stronger integration capability with Salesforce, working towards integrating sales enablement into our workflow.
* Should be highly customer focused, with a strong appreciation of the commercial dynamics of Thomson Reuters. In particular, a good understanding of how marketing contributes to the profitability of the business.
* You’ll have a developing sense of priority and an ability to make intelligent decisions based on value. As such, you’ll have the confidence to stop and/or change working methods to drive better commercial and/or customer value.
* Good relationship management skills and an ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues within Marketing, other key functions (especially Sales Teams) and Central Marketing teams. You understand the importance of working well within a matrix environment.
* Strong organisational and project management skills to ensure that deadlines and core deliverables are met. Develops contingency planning as appropriate.
* Good communication skills, evidenced at all levels of the organisation. You’ll invest time to develop as an influencer, negotiator and partner – able to balance opposing views to arrive at the right conclusion.
* Proven ability to apply creative thought process in a commercial context, including the ability to think laterally to solve complex challenges.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.