Up to 12 months FTC
Circa £25,000 per annum
We are looking for a Marketing Executive to join the IET Family!
We are the IET and we inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. As a diverse home across engineering and technology, we share knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter. It’s why we are uniquely placed to champion engineering.
As a Marketing Executive you will be supporting the marketing team in the delivery of a range of key regular campaigns - maximising customer engagement and awareness of the IET’s products and services. Your role will primarily be looking after events, but you will also have the opportunity to work on other projects within the team. Events experience would be great, but it’s not essential – a marketing background is the key!
The successful candidate will have experience of email marketing and creating marketing campaigns with excellent copywriting and proofreading skills. You will demonstrate attention to detail with the ability to manage a variable workload and be able to carry out your duties with confidence.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Closing Date: Please note, the closing date for applications is Friday 7th June 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
· Create marketing campaigns to deliver on business objectives, with a focus on the Events and Communities portfolio
· Support the wider marketing team with the delivery of elements of defined campaigns, on and offline utilising the full marketing mix.
· Produce and launch email marketing campaigns to support relevant team’s marketing objectives.
· Work with team members to support design, collation, production and mailing of key collateral, including writing of materials as required.
· Briefing/liaising with designers, printers and other external suppliers.
· To track budget spend and ROI.
· To undertake any other duties and projects as requested by the line manager.
· To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties.
· To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the company and to attend mandatory updates where required.
· Demonstrable marketing experience, preferably gained in an events environment with experience of digital and direct marketing
· The ideal candidate must be highly organised, self-motivated and confident
· You will have proven ability to work accurately and quickly without supervision
· Be able to effectively prioritise and manage a challenging workload and to work on your own initiative to deliver to stakeholder satisfaction
· Excellent attention to detail, copywriting and proofreading skills
· Highly professional with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
· First class written and verbal communication skills
· Educated to degree level, or equivalent
· Willingness to undertake travel and stay overnight for exhibitions
· Demonstrate the IET values of integrity, excellence and teamwork
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.