Stantec UK has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join our team, to cover maternity leave. This role can be based in our Reading, Shrewsbury or Cardiff office.
Primary Purpose of Role:
Reporting into the UK’s Environmental Services Director, the individual will have responsibility for the day to day marketing activities of the Environmental Services team in the UK.
Stantec is looking for a Marketing Executive to join us to cover a period of maternity leave within the UK’s Environmental Services team. This is a temporary role, with the potential to become a permanent position.
The ideal individual is likely to be qualified to degree level, with relevant practical experience in a marketing or communications role and strong vertical experience in professional services, engineering and consulting. Previous exposure to the environmental risk, property, legal or utilities sectors is extremely relevant.
The Environmental Services team offer environmental consultancy and technical services to clients across a range of industries. The role is a central support to the UK’s Environmental Services commercial strategy, and you will work closely with the Client Development Manager, industry sector directors and consultants. Support and resources will be provided by Stantec’s central marketing team both in the UK and globally.
You will be responsible for implementing the 2019 marketing strategy in support of long term objectives and will be directly accountable to the Environmental Services Director.
This role includes a range of responsibilities covering the complete marketing mix, including marketplace analysis, external and internal communications, digital and web presence. As budget holder for the Environmental Services UK marketing budget, you will report monthly on progress against the marketing plan and track and control marketing expenditure.
• Delivery of the UK’s Environmental Services 2019 marketing plan.
• Full budgetary control, including tracking and reporting of ROI.
• Maintaining strong internal relationships with key staff to ensure engagement with the marketing strategy.
• Working closely with the Client Development Manager to ensure effective marketing support to key account management activity.
• Executing sector specific marketing campaigns and driving these through to completion.
• Understanding and reporting on the competitor landscape, identifying useful market intelligence.
• Management of events schedule, including organisation of internal events.
• Working with the corporate marketing team to produce high quality marketing materials.
• Proactively seek, write, edit and manage content for Stantec’s digital channels, working with the corporate external communications team.
• Creation of press materials, working with the corporate marketing team and external PR agency.
• Collation and submission of industry award entries, working with the corporate marketing team and external PR agency.
• Managing the UK’s Environmental Services social media presence across corporate channels, working with the external communications team.
• Management and reporting on client feedback.
• Supporting the development, execution and analysis of email marketing campaigns.
• Help to act as a brand guardian, monitoring document use and ensuring brand guidelines are followed.
• Produce monthly reports for the Directors and other senior staff and present on activities at a monthly team meeting.
• Communications support to Internal Communications Manager as required.
• Support and administrative services as required e.g. resource management, tender/bid submissions, corporate subscriptions and membership renewals, enquiries.
To be successful in this role, you must have;
•Proven experience in the marketing department of a b2b professional services or consulting business.
• Ideally hold a relevant degree and professional qualification e.g. CIPR or CIM or have relevant experience.
• Experience within an environmental, technical, legal or professional services sector would be advantageous.
• Strong commercial focus, able to work closely with sales teams to support commercial objectives.
• Able to develop relationships and work collaboratively with staff at various levels.
• Good copywriting, editing and proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail and demonstrated writing experience – e.g. content marketing, blogging etc.
• Experience of event organisation and management.
• Experience of using company social media accounts for commercial purposes.
• Experience of using e-mail marketing platforms (such as Mail Chimp etc.)
• Analytical with the ability to research, interpret and manage multiple data/information sources
• Experience using web Content Management Systems (Such as WordPress.)
• Experience of using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems.
• Communicates with clarity, energy and enthusiasm.
• Proven organisational skills, working in a calm, logical way to achieve tasks within set deadlines.
• Proactive, resourceful problem solver with the ability to use own initiative and manage own workload.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
We are an equal opportunities employer.