3 months ago
Marketing Executive (Fixed Term Contract)
Updated at, 2019-05-17T12:03:03-04:00
Marketing Executive (Fixed Term)
6 month / 12 month Placement
Dennis have an unmissable opportunity for a dynamic and creative Marketing Executive to join the Direct Marketing team at Dennis to work on Britain's most read news weekly - The Week.
The Week is going through a transformational time as we expand and grow our readership. This is a great opportunity for an individual to come onboard and work with the current team to deliver this growth.
In this role you’ll plan, deliver and report on innovative marketing campaigns across all channels, both on and offline. Working with internal and external partners and agencies, you’ll be responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities to drive print and digital circulation and revenue.
‘The Week’ family
As well as the print magazine, The Week has an award winning digital editions. Both offer the same content reflecting and summarising the news from the past week. TheWeek.co.uk and The WeekDay newsletter offers up to date insight into the news as it happens, and our weekly podcast ‘The Week Unwrapped’ delves into the stories that haven’t made the news today, but will have an impact in the future.
The Week’s marketing team includes two Marketing Managers and a Marketing Executive who are all focused on The Week. The wider department is split into specialist teams and other product marketing teams managing Dennis’ other magazine titles.
In this role you will hit the ground running pursuing opportunities to innovate and to drive print and digital circulation and revenue across established and new marketing channels.
Seeking inspirational opportunities to support audience growth and loyalty, you will be working as part of a team to create award-winning campaigns in brand new formats as well as maximising performance of existing ones.
* Develop and implement innovative acquisition campaigns across your marketing channels
* Owning the marketing for specific marketing channels for The Week on a day-to-day basis - delivering forecasts, managing agencies, designing creative and reporting results
* Devising tests and optimising channels both on and offline
* Identifying opportunities to expand The Week audience across all platforms
* Ensure campaigns are targeted and integrated, using on and offline marketing tools
* Analysing activity and feeding into future plans and forecasts
* Working with the wider team working on The Week’s family of products to ensure customer communications integrate seamlessly.
* Developing creative and copy which delivers the right message to our customers
* Working with the Retention and Loyalty team to develop best in class retention activity
* Manage agency performance on your channels
* Building relationships with external partners and seeking opportunities to work together
* Attending meetings to update on results and share ideas with senior stakeholders.
You’ll have the desire to succeed and break new ground, with superb attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure. You will possess excellent creative skills and have copywriting experience. You will have an understanding of marketing channels. Some experience of integrated and targeted marketing campaigns is desirable.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!