2 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a market leading global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
The Acquisition Team is the key driver of growth in the UK and this role is a significant contributor, focusing on the continued successful acquisition of two of our core proprietary cards: the Gold and Platinum Cashback credit cards.
This position is a really exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated individual looking to further develop their marketing skills and drive tangible growth for the business within a fast paced environment. The Gold and Platinum Cashback (PCB) Team has a multi-million pound annual budget to create some of UK Acquisition’s largest and most high profile TV, out of home and digital campaigns. It will be your responsibility to support the agency briefing, media planning and creative production and delivery of these campaigns, as well as ensuring we are constantly innovating, optimising and testing new methods to acquire customers to the Gold and PCB cards.
In order to successfully perform this role, the Executive will need strong project and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to take ownership of their work and display lots of initiative. They will need to be capable of working independently and liaising with internal teams to develop strong relationships, as well as managing external agencies and strategic partners to develop and deliver high quality campaigns. It is also crucial that the Executive is proactive and able to leverage campaign learnings and industry best practice to develop new ideas for future projects. The role is perfect for a marketer with proven experience in consumer marketing and communications who wants to challenge themselves to reach ambitious targets.
* Management and delivery of acquisition campaigns across all online and offline channels (digital display, email, social, TV, outdoor, press, radio, partnerships) to support the overall Gold and PCB acquisition objectives
* Agency management, working with a variety of agency stakeholders across creative briefing, development, production and media planning/buying
* Analysis and reporting of campaign results and acquisition performance
* Monitoring and optimising campaigns based on key metrics i.e. click through rate, conversion rate etc. and using a wide range of reporting tools
* Data-driven, proactive development of new ideas for campaigns to improve acquisition efficiency and effectiveness
* Collaborating with internal teams across the business including UK and Global Brand, Product, PR, Membership Rewards etc.
* Internal stakeholder management including Legal, Compliance, Brand, Product and others as appropriate to align on campaigns and ensure feedback is gathered and addressed where appropriate
* Supporting the team in acquisition planning and forecasting processes
* Management and administration of campaign budgets, including raising requisitions, processing invoices, vendor liaison, internal reconciliation etc.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
* Gain a thorough grasp of all marketing channels and further develop their knowledge of integrated creative and media planning and execution
* Work on high profile, big budget campaigns to drive business growth
* Build relationships with teams across the Blue Box (i.e. Brand and Product teams)
* Help shape the acquisition strategy for the Gold and PCB cards by identifying and proposing new ideas
* Be the expert on UK Gold and PBC acquisition
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Proven campaign management experience within ATL and BTL campaigns
* A strong understanding of the creative development process and the ability to manage external creative agencies
* A solid knowledge of media planning across online and offline channels and experience in briefing and managing media agencies
* Knowledge of current marketing best practice and industry standards
* Highly motivated, independent and proactive, with the ability to confidently lead projects and campaign delivery
* Excellent attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills
* Quantitative and analytical skills coupled with strong written and oral communication to articulate learnings and outputs and inform planning
* Operates effectively under pressure and ability to work to tight timelines whilst delivering consistently strong results
* Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to challenge the status quo
* Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills – able to build effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Strong initiative and problem solving skills – finding a way around obstacles and challenges with a positive attitude
* A conscientious team player
* Evidences customer-first mindset and commercial acumen
* Proven process management ability
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on email@example.com orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2018, 9:51:25 AM