6 months ago
We are Future, a global multi-platform media company with big ambitions and the talent to bring them to life. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer.
We’re the name behind award-winning brands in specialist sectors like technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, field sports, knowledge and home interest. Specialists in our field and passionate about what we do, every year we attract millions of consumers to our websites, magazines, events and social spaces.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. But that’s not enough – we’re continually adding to our portfolio, building on our technology and investing in our people. Everything we do is born from our desire to innovate and influence and we restlessly look to improve. We hire people we can learn from and we work together to push the boundaries of what can be done.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients and shareholders. Our shareholders have watched Future transition into an innovative global platform for specialist media, our share price has performed well in parallel with both the transition and our growing ability in making our content pay. Shares Magazine have issued their 10 stocks for 2018 which includes Future as one of their top picks.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work and the kind of personal development that makes evert day even more enjoyable and challenging. We believe it to be a really existing time to join Future.
Every kind of talent is celebrated and nurtured here. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, which means we don’t have a Future headquarters. Across our offices in London, Bath, New York, Sydney, Bournemouth, Bromsgrove and San Francisco, each and every one of us is playing a part in driving our business forward.
Working within a dynamic marketing team delivering visitors to our hugely successful Homebuilding & Renovating Shows across the UK, this role operates at a fast pace, in the thick of campaign management, strategy and implementation. Working across a number of channels via a number of external agencies and suppliers you will bring the campaigns to life along with several colleagues in the Marketing Department.
Job Summary & Purpose
The role of Marketing Manager for the Homebuilding & Renovating Show comprises development of strategy and implementation of activity for 7 UK shows, with the key objective of delivering quality visitors to each show. The role is fast paced and will utilise a wide range of channels both online and offline marketing methods, including ATL marketing, door drop, partnerships, PR, direct mail, email and social.
Experience of campaign management and managing a busy creative artwork schedule is key as you will be working on a numerous campaigns simultaneously to hit critical deadlines. Excellent communication skills are also required as you will be liaising with a number of stakeholders and external agencies and partners.
An analytical mind it key as all activity is closely measured for ROI.
Key role responsibilities
1. Create and execute marketing plans with support of the Group Marketing Manager, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that integrate online and offline marketing activities, using a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques, including direct marketing, advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, door drop, PR and partnerships.
2. Record and monitor marketing spend to accurately track costs for campaigns and ensures adherence to agreed budgets. Reconciles budgets at the end of campaign
3. Manage all design briefs with the agency, ensuring all copy and campaign information is provided to ensure campaigns are delivered on time and to budget.
4. Develop and maintain all relevant marketing and sales collateral to support marketing campaigns and defined commercial needs, including development of key stats / sales story and copy
5. Produce marketing evaluations for each show using key data, research surveys. Present to relevant teams both externally and internally
6. Develop ATL briefs for agency and manage ATL schedule from design to print stage
7. Work with Operations team to ensure all marketing aspects of the show are delivered including show graphics, lanyards, registration forms and shows guides. Ensure all are delivered to the shows and used by staff on site
8. Be the Brand Guardian and ensure the Homebuilding & Renovating Show brand is consistent throughout all team communications
9. Provide regular updates to the team on show progress, identify gaps and address any issues, as well as looking for new opportunities
10. Work closely with external PR agency to review press releases, all published activity, raise ticket codes and meet regularly for updates
11. Attend 5 – 6 shows per year (weekend work). Be on site to ensure all staff work to brief, all consumers are scanned, and general team are on brief
12. Manage creative and user journey of the 7 show websites and work with team exec to brief in all campaign changes
13. Manage all administrative elements of the show
• Deliver quality visitors to the 7 UK Homebuilding & Renovating shows through marketing activity to meet internal targets set
• Ensure all 7 budgets are met and campaigns don’t go over budget
• Deliver high quality marketing materials which are on brand and deliver premium show message
• Implement successful integrated marketing campaigns, using full marketing mix, that deliver agreed targets within budget and on schedule
Essential skills and experience
Behaviours and knowledge
Understanding of marketing principles, developments and new techniques and demonstrated experience in campaign management
Project management and organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities
Ability to develop a deep understanding of audience and products
Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications
Copy writing, proof reading skills and attention to details
Strong analytical skills and awareness of digital and online platform
Exemplary interpersonal skills and team-working
Computer literate with good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook