9 months ago
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to lead the EMEA AWS Sponsorship Program.
In this newly created role, you will lead the regional sponsorship program for AWS events EMEA, with primary focus on AWS Summits and other field marketing programs. You will look for engaging ways to incorporate AWS ecosystem partners and other third parties that drive high value ROI for the sponsors and enhance the experience for customers/attendees. You will define and own all elements of the sponsorship operating model and program including: strategy, prospectus design, demand generation, communications, sponsor enablement, sponsorship activation/execution and reporting and metrics. You will collaborate with other Geo Sponsorship Leads and the Head of AWS Sponsorships to ensure sponsorship programs are consistent on a worldwide level.
The ideal candidate will have managed a robust sponsorship program and have evidence of being able to construct a compelling and clearly positioned portfolio of sponsorship opportunities, deliver on sponsorship revenue goals and create a high efficiency sponsorship function. This candidate must be strategic, with an operational mindset, and understand how to execute effectively.
- Drive the EMEA Sponsorship strategy for integrating ecosystem partners and other third parties into AWS events and other AWS marketing platforms in ways that provide strong ROI for sponsors and enhance customer experience.
- Work with various groups within Marketing and Sales to inventory sponsorship opportunities and coordinate a strategy and portfolio of opportunities for sponsors.
- Develop sponsorship project plans and manage all deliverables and timelines associated with the respected program.
- Manage 3rd party event agency, helping with sponsor deliverables and communication.
- Set and communicate sponsorship strategy to the EMEA marketing teams to ensure adherence to best practices and consistent partner experience
- In collaboration with the Head of AWS Sponsorship, build sponsorship strategy and executional plan for individual events and programs including prospectus development, revenue model, and sales plan.
- Build and execute demand generation, communication and sales plans, own revenue target.
- Build and maintain sponsorship program tools and processes to enable streamlined billing, contracting, communications, etc.
- Design revenue model and own all financial reporting for program.
- Dive deep to understand the AWS partner ecosystem to develop relevant sponsorship opportunities to the AWS partner ecosystem in ways that are meaningful for customers and sponsors.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our sponsors.
- Relevant work experience in event marketing management, marketing program management, sales and/or sponsorships.
- Experience managing marketing programs with budgets of $3M++.
- Demonstrated competence presenting recommendations and gaining alignment with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Experience building demand generation programs to drive pipeline and revenue targets.
- Familiarity with contracting and accounting process for sponsorship administration.
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills.
- Solid budget management skills and the ability to manage a quota are required.
- Existing knowledge of industry marketing tools, such as Salesforce and Marketo.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
- Background with technology industry or global consumer brand.
- Proven track record of bringing creative new ideas and programs to drive new sponsor acquisition, increase sponsor retention and grow sponsorship revenue.
- Ability to simplify complex processes to create internal and external efficiencies.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services.
Salary is competitive, location London U.K.. Closing date April 1 2018.