- Established organisation who are looking to move their business forward
- Brand new Marketing Manager role for a market leading software vendor
- Move the team from a reactive marketing function to a proactive lead generation department
- Own and use a healthy marketing budget to drive leads to the sales team
- Utilise a plethora of digital channels including SEO, PPC, email, social media and website marketing
- Option for permanent, flexible or part-time working
The role of Marketing Manager:
This is a brand-new role in the business as they look to grow the effectiveness of the marketing department. The Marketing Manager is closely aligned to the sales team and the role-holder will be required to assess, upskill and drive a new, proactive lead generation marketing function. The team currently consists of two marketers, one which is more digitally aligned and one who is content focused.
The organisation envisages the incoming Marketing Manager to utilise a wide range of marketing channels including email, social, website, SEO and PPC (via agencies), events, collateral and sales support.
The successful candidate will have had experience of working in a B2B lead generation marketing team and be closely aligned to sales functions. The business needs a data-driven, analytical first marketer who can bring in a structured marketing approach that will support commercial revenue.
Day to day responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating and delivering high-quality, imaginative and attention-grabbing marketing campaigns aligned with the overall business strategy
- Shifting the dynamic of the marketing department to a proactive, lead function
- Day to day management of 2 marketing executives
- Working closely with Account Directors and Leaders across the business to ensure our corporate marketing is consistent
- Initiate and lead cross-functional campaigns, closely aligned with the sales team's goals
- Owning and utilising the marketing budget across multiple marketing channels, including email, social, web, SEO/PPC (agency), events and collateral
- Lead the strategic direction of the business' annual user conference, ad hocseminars and attendance at external events,
- Capitalising on social media opportunities to increase the brand engagement
- Developing key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
Requirements for the position of Marketing Manager:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior B2B marketing role, preferably working in businesses with complex solutions
- Educated to degree-level, or equivalent through experience
- Have delivered successful marketing campaigns and activities
- Be an excellent communicator with outstanding writing skills
- Be adept and imaginative in delivery of: event management; digital and social media development; brand management; and copywriting / proofreading
- Have knowledge of web analytics, CRM and email marketing
The company -
This is an established technology provider that offers SaaS solutions to huge projects globally. The business is taking the next step of hiring a more senior marketer for the first time. The business is looking to develop their global strategy with sales and marketing more closely aligned. This is a great opportunity for either a marketer looking to step up and own the strategy of a business, or for someone that is looking for flexible working or part-time work at a strategic level.
The package of the role -
- £40,000-£55,000 (flexible depending on experience and working hours)
- Company performance bonus
- 25 days holiday, private health insurance and numerous other benefits
Location: The position of Marketing Manager is based in Oxfordshire.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our Egham office please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.